Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2010, 02:52 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Haha, interesting take on things...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 AM  
Vrrooomm

Quincy, Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Haha, interesting take on things...
It's not merely an interesting take on things, it's a way of life, my friend

Old 09-23-2010, 11:00 AM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
These are possibly the 5 best sentences you'll ever read:

1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.

2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.

3, The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.

5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work, because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friend, is the beginning of the end of any nation.
1. Nope, that sentence is more or less correct.
2. Welcome to a little thing called life. It'll keep doing that.
3.Liberty, Freedom, Order. Who are we taking that away from, aside form ourselves?
4. It's called diversifying interest, it's how most people make a boat load of cash.
5. I work because I enjoy working, and I have to eat. Simplifying it this extent is wrong, and doesn't encompass the idea of the American work ethic. It merely screams "This isn't fair!". Nothing is. No one promised you a rose garden. Having to legislate charity is scary, not in that it's happening, but that it has to be done. What happened to helping you neighbor? What happened to giving it your all? Just because other people don't want to work for it, you are going to stop working for it? The logic is redundant and self supporting, which usually makes it wrong.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:15 PM  

I personally have no problem with helping my neighbor, but it sure frosts my butt when I see people go into the market and purchasing filet mignon using their food stamps or whatever the government renamed them to differentiate from being welfare folks, while I am buying hamburger meat.

It also frosts my butt to see Mr. Obama's relative coming here from another country, demanding, not asking, for free medical and housing because she says WE owe it to her.

It also gets under my skin that the government rewards a family more money when they pump out more kids.

As far as your saying that "no one promised you a rose garden", that line is bunk. I have a rose garden. I paid for that rose garden with my own sweat and blood, and I'll be damned if your president doesn't want a piece of it!
Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 PM  

Austin
Quote:
I personally have no problem with helping my neighbor, but it sure frosts my butt when I see people go into the market and purchasing filet mignon using their food stamps or whatever the government renamed them to differentiate from being welfare folks, while I am buying hamburger meat.
How does that affect you? Food stamps are not an endless well, once they are spent it's over, which means if you poorly manage your credit, you are going to go hungry. You are mart enough to not go hungry, congrats, many people are not.

Quote:
It also frosts my butt to see Mr. Obama's relative coming here from another country, demanding, not asking, for free medical and housing because she says WE owe it to her.
Seems like she's more American than not. Her relation is inconsequential.

Quote:
It also gets under my skin that the government rewards a family more money when they pump out more kids.
So then you make children suffer as a consequence? Starving kids is good?

Quote:
As far as your saying that "no one promised you a rose garden", that line is bunk. I have a rose garden. I paid for that rose garden with my own sweat and blood, and I'll be damned if your president doesn't want a piece of it!
First, not my president, I think the man is a moron. I have given you nothing to make the assumption.
No one promised you a rose garden, you went out and got it. Good for you. If it was given to you it wouldn't mean anything. Why people get upset that others are getting something they don't have, although that thing has no meaning, is beyond me. Is life really about consumerism and money? Work is, but then work isn't life, it's the means to an end.

No one promised you a rose garden becuase you were supposed to go out and get it. Nothing given means anyhting. You earn your lot in life.
Old 09-23-2010, 02:10 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
You earn your lot in life.
Well said.

Go down to Section 8 housing and look at all the 22" rims, Escalades, etc etc etc and other signs of poor fiscal responsibility, all on my dime.

It makes me sick, and I have zero sympathy.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 09-23-2010, 02:52 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Well said.

Go down to Section 8 housing and look at all the 22" rims, Escalades, etc etc etc and other signs of poor fiscal responsibility, all on my dime.

It makes me sick, and I have zero sympathy.
If it bothers you so much, why don't you quit your job and do the same? Because it's MEANINGLESS. Don't have sympathy for them, they made their lot, and it's not even the slightest bit attractive, in my eyes, or yours either.
It can't last. They are not providing their children with the tools to be successful, and like all things poorly planned and poorly executed, this to shall pass.

It's a consumer economy run amok, but lets not forget how much easier it is to qualify for a car loan as opposed to a mortgage, especially if you are never going to have a mortgage, because houses are to expensive, and you are never going to make enough money to buy one anyhow.

The only thing I feel for these people is sorry.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.