Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-14-2013, 10:55 AM  

Dave Ramsey says no matter our politics we are not exempt from the math. In this clip he clobbers obamacare on that basis.

Old 10-14-2013, 11:22 AM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I don't see anything wrong with the medical care we had. I have had health insurance all my life. I've had HMO's when I worked hourly for companies and I've had PPO's when I worked for myself. I definitely prefer PPO's over HMO's in that I can go where I want, see who I want, and be seen almost immediately near all the time. That being said, I hardly ever go to a doctor as I'm, generally speaking, healthy. Maybe I go once in every 5 years and I only go when something is seriously wrong with me and I can't perform my work. So the plan I had was what I considered a catastrophic health plan which doesn't have many bells and whistles. Not what I would consider for a young family with kids as the deductibles were high, but good enough for me being older, single, and self employed.

Now if I do have to go over to the new Obamma health care, I know damn well that if they wont let me keep the plan I have now and the new federal approved health care is more expensive, (which is was said I could keep the plan I had and that the new plans would be less expensive,) that sooner than later the lying SOB,s will be telling me when, where, and who I can see when I need to go to the doctor regardless if the plan is PPO or not.

This is only part of Obammas fundamental changes he speaks of which is steeped in redistributing the wealth from those that have to those that have not. Those that don't have for the most part will never have as they don't have it in them to go get it and those that have for the most part will always have because they can't help but to go get it.

I feel that just because I have two nickels to rub together to make a dime I'm being punished by this new federal mandate health law that Obummer pushed so hard for and that all along his plan was/is to redistribute the small pittance of so called wealth to the have not's from those that have even a little.

Old 10-14-2013, 12:33 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post

Here in the Los Angeles, we have 5-10 million undocumented aliens, and nobody gets turned down for medical treatment when they go to a county hospital. Why didn't he pursue this type of medical care?
Only emergency care is available. They will stabilize you for a life threatening problem and then send you home. They consider eye surgery "elective". And the income limit for a family of three is $334 a month for Medicaid. When you become eligible, it can take 6 months for the paperwork to go through. If you make over that, you are not eligible. His wife was working for the city, 3 days a week and they offer no insurance. She was let go 2 weeks ago because they would have had to cover her under Obamacare. There are no jobs here right now. Even the fast food places are cutting back.
My daughter has a B. A. and is working fast food. The bank she was working for, laid off 2/3 of their employees back in August.
The recession has not ended here.
Old 10-14-2013, 08:29 PM  

As I said in another forum, my part time job was eliminated recently when the company found it necessary to lay off 1/4th of their staff in order to go under the mandatory Obama Healthcare rule. We asked for change and now we are getting it. I just hope these Obama supporters lose their jobs as well. It serves them right!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:43 PM  

One of my wife's cousins with no insurance had bladder cancer. He went through a series of treatments and finally bladder and prostate removal and bladder reconstruction all without insurance. And this was all before Obamacare.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:00 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
One of my wife's cousins with no insurance had bladder cancer. He went through a series of treatments and finally bladder and prostate removal and bladder reconstruction all without insurance. And this was all before Obamacare.
He would not have received treatment in Missouri.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:56 AM  

Then we are pay a high price both in billions and loss of freedom to solve a problem for MO. But Bill Clinton says we will get used to it as we did medicare/medicaid. I didn't want medicare but had to pay the tax for it anyway so I am going to milk it. It does hurt my insurance coverage as it won't pay unless medicare approves. Also medicare thinks doctor visits should normally be about 10 minutes and pays accordingly so many doctors won't accept it.

Interesting;
Quote:
CNSNews: "The administration published 10,535 pages of final Obamacare regulations. Have you read all those regulations?"

Johnson: "No, I have not."

CNSNews: "How many have you read?"

Johnson: "I've read the entire law."

CNSNews: "Entire law? Well, what about those final regulations?"

Johnson: "I have not read the final regulations, don't plan on doing it. I haven't had the time to do it. I don't think that that's my responsibility to do it."

I’m sorry? Let me see if I can understand this. Representative Johnson was elected by the people in her district in Texas to represent them in the legislature. The duty of the legislature is to pass legislation, and to do that, members of the legislature vote on suggested bills. The premise is that the legislators learn what the bills says and then vote on them in an educated manner. So, the most basic responsibility of a lawmaker would then be to read the laws being voted on.

So Ms. Johnson… Yes, it is your responsibility to read the laws that you plan on forcing on the rest of us.

Read more at http://eaglerising.com/2270/democrat...9lIGSwdyILe.99
Old 10-15-2013, 01:38 PM  
Administrator

Missouri
Medicare is bad insurance.
Old 10-15-2013, 04:43 PM  

A group formed from the ruins of ACORN is hard at work signing people up for ObamaCare, and may be collecting taxpayer cash for their work despite Congress' efforts to cut the organization and its affiliates off from government funding, a watchdog group charged.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:37 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
A group formed from the ruins of ACORN is hard at work signing people up for ObamaCare, and may be collecting taxpayer cash for their work despite Congress' efforts to cut the organization and its affiliates off from government funding, a watchdog group charged.
Well you can bet your bottom dollar that they will sign up all the broke dick, societal leeches that are so poor they can't even pay attention. They will get their insurance for free or near nothing and the rest of us will pay through the nose for it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.