Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-03-2011, 02:22 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
JSOC

Joint Special Operations Command? There's tons of stuff on Google about them! All the unclass stuff.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 05-03-2011, 06:47 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
I want to know the name of the guy who put one through Binny's eye.:congr ats:
Now we're getting somewhere! How 'bout those pilots too!!

When we qualify and define "hero", the President falls off of the list. With that being said, the President remains on a very important list as well. It was a gutsy call on his part but we all know that if it had gone wrong he would have never been attached/associated with it....which is how it has always been and as it should be.

Just say'n................

Old 05-03-2011, 10:24 AM  
AK 47 toting Liberal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
Now we're getting somewhere! How 'bout those pilots too!!

When we qualify and define "hero", the President falls off of the list. With that being said, the President remains on a very important list as well. It was a gutsy call on his part but we all know that if it had gone wrong he would have never been attached/associated with it....which is how it has always been and as it should be.

Just say'n................
See... I disagree completely. If this operation had failed........The crazy tea party nuts would have been on Obama for months, and that's a fact. As it was......Obama was at the head of this awesome planning, and the tactful carrying out of the entire operation, and from Obama on down, many people had a part of this great deal, but Obama is a hero too, and you won't detract from that at all.
Old 05-03-2011, 11:15 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I agree that catching Osama under Obama's watch was a great accomplishment.

I don't think it changes that he's a terrible president, though.

If the historic mid-terms weren't enough of the people telling you how we feel, we'll just have to wait until 2012...
I have a few thoughts on this.

I don't think the midterms constituted a "historic" defeat in the house. Obama characterized it as a "shellacking", but I think he needed to say this not to appear arrogant. A real shellacking would have been a republican sweep of the house and senate with a super majority in the senate. Even sweeping the house and the senate would have been a knock out punch to the admin getting any real legislation through. Congressional approval was LOW in 2010. Also, the first time voters who put in candidates riding Obama's coattails from the 2008 election probably didn't show up to the polls. Republicans could have capitalized on this if it was politically possible for them to do so, and they still couldn't take both houses.

Even though 2012 is still over a year away, I think capturing Bin Laden will have a distinct and early effect on the republican primaries. Because the presidency is so strong at the moment (whether you agree with his policies or not, Obama is still swinging for the fences) I seriously doubt the candidates capable of beating Obama in 2012 would waste their resources against a powerful incumbent president. The republican primary candidates already look goofy (Trump, Bachmann, Palin, Gingrich,...) and congressional approval is low again probably due to the insane politicization of the budget bill by the house republicans (anyone remember Gingrich, 1990s?) attempting to pay lip service to the tea party and the religious right. I don't think any kind of legitimate candidate will ante up for the republicans at this point.

All things remaining equal until 2012, I think we're looking at a strong sitting president squaring off against the cream of the crap of the republican party.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:13 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
The crazy tea party nuts would have been on Obama for months, and that's a fact.

Can you say TORA BORA Mr. Bush?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:17 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I didn't just use the term "historic" lightly. It was historic. It was the worst landslide against either party in nearly 70 years. So that wasn't really my opinion - it was a fact.

However, I do somewhat agree with you about the Republican party not coming out with a strong candidate yet - and I'm still on the fence with this whole Donald thing.

If Obama is what the Dem's consider a "strong-sitting president", then you're making it all too easy for Rep's to have yet another historic victory in 2012!

Old 05-03-2011, 01:26 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I didn't just use the term "historic" lightly. It was historic. It was the worst landslide against either party in nearly 70 years. So that wasn't really my opinion - it was a fact.

However, I do somewhat agree with you about the Republican party not coming out with a strong candidate yet - and I'm still on the fence with this whole Donald thing.

If Obama is what the Dem's consider a "strong-sitting president", then you're making it all too easy for Rep's to have yet another historic victory in 2012!
Taking the more volatile house of representatives when approval ratings were low without taking the senate is probably due to incompetence. It's nice it was a sweep, but it's not even close the Gingrich back bencher take over in the 90s where the republicans snagged both chambers.

I don't know how you're on the fence about Donald. If he takes even one state in the primaries I'll be astonished. I'm 90% certain he's doing this to build his brand in some esoteric way.

Considering Obama weak politically is folly. The guy gets credit for giving the order to capture or kill bin laden. The economy is turning around, and the unemployment rate is decreasing. Americans pretty much always credit boom or bust to whoever is sitting president and it reflects in the approval polls.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:35 PM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by drsocc View Post
.... The economy is turning around.....
??I guess job growth is up a little...And maybe they are building houses again.... But the price of EVERYTHING is going up rapidly. I attribute that to the governments fiscal practices. I don't think things are turning around. Maybe adjusting direction. The value of the dollar is plummeting. It is still bad.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:38 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
We need not argue over the mid-terms. It was a clear stomping, and I don't know how anyone can realistically not see that.

Obama's the highest spending president of all-time.

We could argue all day - our views are clearly very different. Arguing is kind of moot anyways - the American people will speak again in 2012 like they did in 2010.

Old 05-03-2011, 01:52 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
10 characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsocc View Post
All things remaining equal until 2012, I think we're looking at a strong sitting president squaring off against the cream of the crap of the republican party.
Obama makes me proud!-cream-crap.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.