Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-25-2011, 06:44 AM  

Binghamton, NY
Need more snow in Binghamton, snowblower hardly used so far, just little lake efect amounts so far. The early cold was nice, first I have iced fished Whitney Point before
Christmas in several years.

Old 01-25-2011, 08:43 AM  

12550, New York
We got some more last night here on campus.... not much, just a light coating. I heard them plowing at like 1 am this morning.

Old 01-26-2011, 07:40 AM  

Binghamton, New York
Just don't let University Police catch you. They aren't known for their sense of humor.

I went to school there, and used to play around in the empty lots when there early. Especially the M series of lots. A lot of room up there.

Dionysus.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 AM  

12550, New York
No car this semester and when I do bring my up, it will be my Jeep. You need lots of snow to play with that. I carry a knife on campus so I need to be careful about that. UPD actually isn't all that dry as they appear to be. I have spoken with them directly last semester for a video project I shot where we were holding nerf guns, and I play in the Humans Versus Zombies game where we run around shooting each other with nerf guns, blow darts, marshmallows, and socks. They have a great sense of humor, but they take their job seriously.

Edit: I should mention that my knife is legal, but the school has been known to bring "weapon charges" against students carrying them. It is against the student handbook (which I have no idea where to find a copy of), but there is no legal standing on the issue. They can only bring disciplinary action against someone carrying.
Old 02-05-2011, 10:20 AM  

hurley, ny
I cant speak for everyone but I personally like the snow. From playing outside with the kids to fixing broken parts on my yj to me its all fun. one thing to look forward to where i live is the winters are mild we dont get slammed but we do get decent amounts and to be 100% honest no matter what you do no one is ever ready for snow. ice power outages frozen pipes good times lol.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:06 AM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjstud View Post
to be 100% honest no matter what you do no one is ever ready for snow.
I think I was pretty ready for snow.
I had my wood shed filled by Sept. for my wood stove. I had my snow blower tuned and my snow plow truck ready by end of fall. Extra fuel for my snow blower and generator. Extra food and water in the pantry And three vehicles with four wheel drive. That's the basic for me and I too look forward to the snow.

Yes there is always those things that "happen" you are right. But one should learn from those events and plan for them to happen again. If a pipe froze in the house and you think, "well it was the coldest winter ever" does not mean it would not be even colder next winter.

I had water once in my basement and was lucky and lost nothing but an old rug. Since then I'm a burnt dog that fears fire. As soon as it calls for rain I make sure everything is off the floor and the wet vac is close by and not buried in the corner of the garage. A box full of old bath towels to place under the garage door to keep water from seeping in.

Of course the time I had water the amount we got was what the area would get over a 2 month period in 3 days. Yes it was the "50 year flood" for my area, but to me that does not mean it will happen tonight.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:15 AM  

I can't remember the last time we had snow on the ground the entire winter. We usually get a big thaw in Jan. but this year it's been all snow and cold. I'm a skiier so I love that we have so much snow, but I'm just about ready for spring/early summer mountain biking
Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 AM  

Binghamton, New York
It looks like you may get your wish. Supposed to touch off the 50s the next couple days. Cold after that, but I am sensing a trend.

Dionysus.
Old 02-25-2011, 07:16 PM  

Here we are, a foot deeper than we were a week ago. This has been a horrendous winter.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:27 PM  

New Paltz, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Exorcisto View Post
Here we are, a foot deeper than we were a week ago. This has been a horrendous winter.
This winter still keeps going. Had to postpone a spring camping trip on account there's 2ft. of snow still and a completely frozen lake with foot thick ice on it where I was planning on going.

It's April for goodness sake!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New York
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.