Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Click Here to Login

Old 09-20-2010, 02:58 PM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
Concord, NC needs acknowledgement!

Concord was once a small little town with nothing but a few fast food places and Philip Morris. now it is one of the most sought after places to live in Charlotte area! Most people do not know that center town of concord was over by HWY 3 a few miles from Dale Earnhardt Inc. it was centered around Coddle Creek at the intersection of Stirewalt Rd and Trinity Church Rd. it was recently bought by a famliy that sub divided the land and built multi-million dollar homes. the blacksmith shop is still located on the property!!!

i know all this as my grandfather owned a huge piece of land where downtown concord is at now. too bad he was a drunk and lost a bet which included the land. and in looking around at concord history i found this out. and i grew up on Rankin Rd. which they dead ended to build the new Coddle Creek Resevoir and is right down the road from the old town area.

Concord has lost alot of its "Small town feeling" and i am looking to remind people of what concord is and was. one of the greatest cities in NC!!!

Old 09-20-2010, 05:16 PM  
You Dirty Rat!

Wilmington, NC
It could be considered Charlotte. An edit to Charlotte/Concord/Gastonia would be helpful.

Old 09-21-2010, 03:11 PM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorCoffeePlumber View Post
It could be considered Charlotte. An edit to Charlotte/Concord/Gastonia would be helpful.
well maybe 15-20 years ago. concord is much better than charlotte now!
Troutman's BBQ, Philip Morris (which is closed now), Charlotte (Lowes)Motor Speedway is actually in concord, Concord Mills, Morrison Motor Co., Punchy's wheel and tire.

but yeah i agree with you actually. maybe a sub thread for concord through charlotte would be cool. could even add Lake Norman and Uwharrie as subs...IDK
Old 09-25-2010, 08:24 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
I live on the boarder of Concord and Charlotte (right near the track and Verizon Wireless AMP) and I love it. If I can't find it in Charlotte/University I will find it in Concord/Gastonia.
Old 09-25-2010, 10:34 AM  
Yeah its me

Concord, North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahdactyl View Post
I live on the boarder of Concord and Charlotte (right near the track and Verizon Wireless AMP) and I love it. If I can't find it in Charlotte/University I will find it in Concord/Gastonia.
not too far from me. i am up by the old cabarrus county fairgrounds between 49 and 29. i find that convenient too. country living 5 mins north and city living 5 mins south.

Edit: sorry didnt want to double post. just thought about something for concord. cabarrus county schools FTW!!! we have some of the best in the whole state. great after school programs, friendly teachers and high test scores all account for the best of the best.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:03 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
There are some great schools in the NC Piedmont area for sure. My school is always the school of Distinction and we always strive to get the school of excellence, the year after I graduated they finally got it.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:57 PM  

Asheville, North Carolina
I grew up just north of Concord in the Mooresville/Troutman area. Its a nice area to grow up in.
Old 10-08-2010, 10:54 AM  

Wilmington, North Carolina
Enjoy living so close to so much! I moved to Wilmington from Cornelius in April for a job and since I've missed everything there that I took for granted... The mall here sucks, the resteraunts are so so, and nobody cares about racing here!!! WTH! lol
Old 12-05-2010, 04:05 AM  

Concord, NC
I have lived in Concord for over 10 years, after living in Winston Salem most of my life. It's an great area, but what I can't figure out is how did we pay for all the stop lights and not have enough money to have them timed out properly. I mean do I really have to stop at all of them. Just something to think about. As far as the listing it would nice to have an "Outside of Charlotte", because there so many things happening outside of Charlotte that would get lost in that listing. I think everyone would benefit from the addition.
Old 01-26-2011, 07:29 AM  

Concord, NC
I'm in Concord also. Just moved here Nov. 2009. Finding work sucks, but other than that, I like it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina
Bookmark this Page!