Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 08-03-2011, 12:00 PM  
What page are you on?

in a van... down by the river, Texas
I just LOVE wasting my lunch

So we have like a billion sets of train tracks that go through my little college town. Okay, okay, we have 3 or 4. Either way, they run right through downtown where I work. I always get stuck by these things. Today I sat at one for 25 minutes. TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES! I probably wouldn't mind if I didn't drive a gas-guzzling SUV or had some AC. Really, though? Twenty-five minutes? The train even came to a complete stop today.

What if there was an emergency?

Old 08-03-2011, 01:22 PM  

We had train tracks in the city I worked in, and we did have alot of emergencies. Every one of us knew alternate routes in order to bypass those pesky trains. Then again, this was a suburban area, which might be real different then country roads.

Old 08-03-2011, 01:58 PM  
What page are you on?

There are ways around SOME tracks, but not all. And god forbid you get stuck between two of them. It makes me want to pull my hair out.
Old 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM  
fustrated genius

Well, I was in an ER and was shoved aside because of a MINOR train/car collision. You DON'T want to run the arms. It was horrific. . . one died and the other wished they had for a long time.
Old 08-04-2011, 10:11 AM  
What page are you on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Well, I was in an ER and was shoved aside because of a MINOR train/car collision. You DON'T want to run the arms. It was horrific. . . one died and the other wished they had for a long time.
They are so slow around here. I have slipped through a few arms. I would never do that otherwise.
Old 08-04-2011, 12:26 PM  

Sammamish, WA
We have 3 tracks between the office and parking garage, so often will end up leaving work on time but having to wait that long to cross the street. There is a skybridge down the block we can use but then by the time you walk all that way the train usually is gone by the time you get to the car.
Just one of life's little annoyances.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!