Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2011, 09:03 AM  
fustrated genius

U.S. Post Office

We don't have postal service in our area, it's too rural so we get a "free" po box. So many times we get magazines that have been read through, seems like there's little corners cut in some envelopes, etc. If we order something from a part store, and the company has no shipping options and ship FEDex, I have to drive about 60 mile to track it down because they won't deliver. If a package or letter has my physical address instead of the POB they send it back so I started putting BOTH. Well, now they're sending those back too. The only ones who seem to be able to find us to deliver is UPS.
Anyways, anybody else having this much trouble with the US Postal service? They're just rude and so unreliable anymore I had to go to the next town over and get a UPS Store mailbox there. Any time we go to town we'll check it but that US pob may just get left to wither off the vine.

Old 07-16-2011, 10:31 AM  

I have a PO Box at my vacation home for the same reasons. I will usually check it once a month just to see if I have any bills, only to find old Wal Mart ads that have been expired for quite some time. The Postmaster (a bored old lady) now sifts thru the PO Boxes and tosses any ads that have been there for a week or two.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:32 AM  
fustrated genius

Yeah, any mags, like my wife's mags, some how are lost and arrive spuractically, but my JP mag gets through every time. Old lady's don't like Jeeps as much as quilting and knitting and such, ha ha
Whatever looks like it MAY be a check or documentation has that corner cut. THAT's what gets me PO'd
Old 07-25-2011, 09:49 AM  

I'd like to know how often those with PO Boxes actually go into the post office to retrieve their mail?
Old 07-25-2011, 05:32 PM  
fustrated genius

I go in every couple days to once a week. Don't know bout others.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:02 PM  
Where am I ????

Calgary, Alberta
Up here in my neighbor hood we have what's called super mail boxes. They are basically one big mail box that has compartments just like PO boxes. Mailman comes and put everyone's mail in their assigned box and then leaves. It's up to the individual to go and get their mail from the box. The mail man does not bring the mail to the houses her anymore. So as for how often we go and get our mail it's like once or twice a week. It's not like it's far away or anything like that I am just lazy.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!