Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 11:56 AM  

Gladstone, Oregon
Oregon Homebrew Competitions

Hello fellow home brewers!

I know that the current OLCC legislation does not allow for transporting homebrew outside of the home so homebrew competitions are not supposed to be happening at this time.

I am confident that the laws will be "fixed" early in 2011 so I was wondering if we could pool our collective knowledge of any homebrew competitions ahead of time so we can prepare for them!

So if anyone wants to chime in on when and where competitions are being held please do so.

(please remember that at this time we cannot legally transport beer made in the home outside of the home)

I think it would be safe to list past competitions that have been held!

Old 12-21-2010, 12:50 PM  

Bend, Oregon
Ditto...
I've been wondering the same.

I've looked up alot of the info on previous year comps & can find nothing in print as to the status of 2011 - So, I have begun to contact each club/organizer & ask if anything is in the works.

I'll post back here when I get replies back.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:33 PM  

Medford, Oregon
I know that here in Jackson County they just did the judging offsite of the annual Harvest Festival, and everything was copasetic with the OLCC. They were still able to have a beer garden with legal breweries, and homebrewers brewing (because wort isn't alcohol yet).

I'd keep my eyes out in The GP,Medford,Ashland area around August for this annual event, and also check out

Jackson County Fairgrounds - Harvest Fair Homepage

periodically.

Grains Beans & Things

is also a good resource. The newsletter will give info about clubs and competitions for the local area.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:40 AM  
Community Active

Florence, OR
I would think that all the HB Competitions that used to be held throughout the State would start up again.

Depends on what the legislature does with the law.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:02 PM  

portland, oregon
Ya, well it sounds like in the next session they will do something about it. In the mean time, stock up on what to enter and let them age until one happens or go to washington.

Jon

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.