Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-06-2011, 01:05 PM  
fustrated genius

What a piece of _ _ _ _!!!

Shouldn't there be a mandatory death sentence for cop killers, K-9 or human?

Man accused of killing K-9 appears in court | kgw.com | Local News | Portland, Oregon

Old 04-06-2011, 01:42 PM  

Injuring or killing a police dog or horse does have a considerable sentence behind it, but unfortunately they are just tools to protect the police officer. Imposing a death sentence on them would never pass muster with some of the bleeding hearts that society is breeding these days.

Old 04-06-2011, 02:58 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Shouldn't there be a mandatory death sentence for cop killers, K-9 or human?

Man accused of killing K-9 appears in court | kgw.com | Local News | Portland, Oregon
It's a dog. Having once been badly bitten I intend to avoid a repeat. If anyone sics a dog on me no matter the reason I will defend myself even if it means your doggie dies.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:45 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
It's a dog. Having once been badly bitten I intend to avoid a repeat. If anyone sics a dog on me no matter the reason I will defend myself even if it means your doggie dies.
I've been biten once when I was a paper boy on a bicycle. But when it comes to cops and their dogs, I am not a criminal and therefore have no reason to fear either one and wouldn't have been running and hiding from them to begin with so chances are, the dog would have remained leashed or been taken away by the handler.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:48 AM  
running around

Syracuse, NY
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Injuring or killing a police dog or horse does have a considerable sentence behind it, but unfortunately they are just tools to protect the police officer. Imposing a death sentence on them would never pass muster with some of the bleeding hearts that society is breeding these days.
This, while the punishment is stronger, it will never be death sentence. However, I know a few handlers who might kill you for killing their dog. They are a partner.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Yeah, it can be hard to kill a K-9 sometimes, I know a story of a Malinois who took either 18 or 19 bullets for his handler, the entire time going after the suspect. They are raised to be loyal and tough, I wouldn't try it on them.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:24 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicase50 View Post
I know a story of a Malinois who took either 18 or 19 bullets for his handler, the entire time going after the suspect.
We would refer to those dogs as "Melon Heads." You could cut off one of their legs and they would still attack as if they didn't feel it. Very awsome creatures, but a little too hot blooded for my temperment.
Old 04-11-2011, 12:55 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
We would refer to those dogs as "Melon Heads." You could cut off one of their legs and they would still attack as if they didn't feel it. Very awsome creatures, but a little too hot blooded for my temperment.
Have you ever worked with one?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:28 PM  

Yes, I trained several of them for attack and narcotic detection. They bite hard!
Old 04-11-2011, 01:42 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
I wouldn't try it on them
I've never had cause nor do I expect to. I still get startled when a dog snaps a fly from the air. Those are very fast creatures with jaws to match.

I still subscribe to the belief that if it has eyes it has vulnerabilities.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:45 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Yes, I trained several of them for attack and narcotic detection. They bite hard!
I think it was on "60 Minutes" I saw those dogs work airports & boder crossings. I was impressed they can still detect grass hidden within a series of bags and plastic/tin containers.

In one case the dog attacked a tire. The cops discovered all 4 tires filled with weed.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Pets / Animals
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.