Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2011, 06:04 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Could god be an alien? no seriously, could he?

disclaimer: not saying I believe this, more of something to ponder, and I know this is hardly even scratching the surface of this topic, I highly recommend watching some of the ancient aliens shows, I would link to them but they do briefly show old paintings and sculptures with minor nudity and don't know if that flies here even if it is art and/or educational, so just go to youtube and type it in
---------------------------------------------

Ancient Aliens - Gods & Aliens, on the history channel or on youtube
They mention the book "Chariots of the gods" and seems like it might be a good read. The idea does kind of seem to have some possibility, primarily for the earlier religions that came before most of the modern religions.

So many religions tend to refer to gods coming down from the heavens, and if we were to reread and reinterpret the description of those events and think spacecraft, some seem to fit very well as some describe it as noisy or coming to earth on something with wings (why would god need it to be noisy or need wings or a creature/contraption with wings?).

How would a primitive culture without any significant machinery describe machinery that can fly, they wouldn't have the words to describe it, could lead to stories of men with wings, would a spacecraft engine be referred to as roaring thunder? could a military commander flying with his soldiers be referred to as god and his angels?

They even mentioned a similar event during world war 2 where some plans landed and used an isolated island in the pacific as an airfield, and made friends with the natives by giving them stuff. the islanders referred to them as ancestral ghosts and built airplane like structures on the runway wanting them to return.

this is from around 3000 b.c.e., looks a lot like our modern aircraft

Also on the shows go a bit on about the nazca lines and how on top of one of the plateaus they have a clearing that is shaped to make a pretty good runway, they also show a lot of ancient artwork that looks a lot like spacecraft and men in space suits

there is more controversy about the validity of this one, doesn't seem like it would be too useful as a rocket of that design

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!