Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2010, 10:13 AM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Total threat to the establishment....hence, crucified.

I don't believe that the Romans cared, either way.

Old 11-21-2010, 11:55 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
Total threat to the establishment....hence, crucified.

I don't believe that the Romans cared, either way.
Pilot, as far as I know seemed to be sympathetic, the Romans just carried out orders for the most part, godless anyway.

Establishment? yeah but more than that, Jesus was seen as blasphemous against God by claiming to be the Son of God on earth and yet refused to defend Himself when brought before the pharisees in judgement. Jesus also refused to defend Himself before Pilot, knowing the Will of God must be carried out.

Old 11-21-2010, 05:12 PM  

Kent, Ohio
because the earlier myths of Asclepius, Mithras, Krishna, Osiris, Zalmoxis, Dionysus and many others held belief in a living god who died and was resurrected.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:49 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
Pilot, as far as I know seemed to be sympathetic, the Romans just carried out orders for the most part, godless anyway.

Establishment? yeah but more than that, Jesus was seen as blasphemous against God by claiming to be the Son of God on earth and yet refused to defend Himself when brought before the pharisees in judgement. Jesus also refused to defend Himself before Pilot, knowing the Will of God must be carried out.
My thoughts on this are much deeper, I just hate typing.........

Topics like this are better discussed in person...IMO
Old 11-24-2010, 09:40 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I love discussing things on here, because there's ALWAYS going to be someone who disagrees with you. That, and a lot of guys on this forum really know this stuff, and even if they don't they'll research it - so it's always a good discussion/argument!

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-25-2010, 09:54 AM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by krutj View Post
My thoughts on this are much deeper, I just hate typing.........

Topics like this are better discussed in person...IMO

It's unfortunate but we are not truly free to speek here. Each time I have gotten deep into a subject I have been banned and I have been threaten again, so I won't be back. I take issue with the dissusion in person, what is good about the forums it that people get to read and ponder at their leasure and without feeling threatened or backed into a corner.

Yeah, I have deeper thoughts too but will be expressed elsewhere.

Take care
Old 11-25-2010, 11:45 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko View Post
It's unfortunate but we are not truly free to speek here. Each time I have gotten deep into a subject I have been banned and I have been threaten again, so I won't be back. I take issue with the dissusion in person, what is good about the forums it that people get to read and ponder at their leasure and without feeling threatened or backed into a corner.

Yeah, I have deeper thoughts too but will be expressed elsewhere.

Take care
This seems to be a legitimate concern. You won't find people passionate about the board if they can't express their passionate opinions. And any passionate opinion is going to be the result of some level of controversy.

I don't know what Jacko posted that resulted in a ban, but from what I've seen on this board, there's been very little controversy, very little impassioned arguments - and very little conversation in general.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:09 PM  

People do not get banned from this forum for expressing their personal opinions. It is when tempers begin to flare and personal attacks occur. This can not and will not be allowed to occur. Make sure you have your "thick skin" on, take it all in stride, and just understand there will be people who disagree with your thoughts. Thank God we live in a country where we have the ability to express our own opinions!

As they say, religion and politics are usually something we all agree to disagree on!
Old 11-25-2010, 12:59 PM  
just a little lower..

Titusville, Pennsylvania
I have a passion for life...all life, However, my ability to translate to these forums and relate to everybody is limited.

I enjoy good arguments, I am just not good at typing them....

Hey jacko...stick around, we can find other topics to bs about!!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:01 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I'm very sorry to read that. But, as havasu said, speaking any opinion you may have is open and very accepted here! Getting so riled up that personal attacks start flying is when banning starts. And keep in mind we do run all bannings past the administrators of the forum for the final OK - so it's never a personal thing, but run through the creators of the forum.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!