Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Click Here to Login

Old 11-18-2010, 11:23 PM  

Tilted Kilt in DT SD.

Anyone been to tilted kilt in downtown san Diego? Do tell ur experience there and compare with other similar types of bars.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:46 PM  

San Diego, Californa
I've been there a few times and each time I leave wondering why. Their beer selection is mediocre and the food overpriced. It's basically an Irish attempt at hooters. As far as restaurants similar, well hooters comes to mind as in skimpy dressed girls and so-so food If you're looking for an Irish pub like atmosphere I'd go to the Field in the Gas Lamp instead.

Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM  

San Diego, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyM1212 View Post
Anyone been to tilted kilt in downtown san Diego? Do tell ur experience there and compare with other similar types of bars.
There are definitely better places for beer, food and atmosphere downtown. Downtown Johnny Brown's comes to mind.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:23 PM  

San Diego, CA
Yea stay out of Tilted Kilt. When I went the rest of the crowd consisted of 34 - 51 year old men "watching the game." It's a desperate attempt at a Hooters competitor. (Not that Hooters is any good, but I have a soft spot for it in my heart as it has become an aspiring American pastime)
Old 12-22-2010, 10:14 PM  

San Diego, California
They are a typical bar in the gaslamp area. They are all really over priced and mediocre but people keep coming.
Old 12-28-2010, 01:08 PM  

Certainly not the best in the Gaslamp. I was there for a private party last August, and the food they served was great. I thought the beer selection was goo too, but then I stuck with the Stone IPA all night... not to mention it was all comped There are definately better places in the area for overall value/atmosphere. It is an attempt at an Irish Hooters, and there were some nice looking ladies there... That can't make up for the lacking menu though.
Tim

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > San Diego
Bookmark this Page!