Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-28-2010, 10:25 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I think it's just the name of the sport that makes some people think it's stripper related.

Maybe if they named it the vertical bars or anything else besides pole dancing, it would be less open to innuendo
That wouldn't work either.

"Hey Honey, me and a bunch of the guys are going to the Vertical bars, do you have any singles?"

It's going to be hard to shed the image, but not entirely necessary. Redefining it is as simple as staying clothed.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:55 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
The Argentine Tango incorporated into a Pole Dance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
That wouldn't work either.

"Hey Honey, me and a bunch of the guys are going to the Vertical bars, do you have any singles?"

It's going to be hard to shed the image, but not entirely necessary. Redefining it is as simple as staying clothed.

I love dancing and spanish music and have done several of the dances, tango, samba, rhumba, cha-cha, etc! And, it was really something to view this video........a combination of the Tango and Pole Dance...check the strength of these dancers......definitely takes the image to another level.

Argentine Tango - RavaaDoberman

Tango Dancers without the Pole--beautiful to watch and listen to the music:

Old 01-06-2011, 08:30 PM  
The Vampire's Wife

Sanborn, New York
wtf.......
Old 01-07-2011, 07:14 AM  

hanover, pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Rage View Post
wtf.......
so stripping is different then pole dancing it just aint the same ON TO OLYMPICS I believe this is considered pole dancing
Old 01-07-2011, 08:05 AM  

Charlotte, North Carolina
Athlete superb

teaberryeagle: That was an excellent find What strength, grace and coordinations

mtngirl Ma'am, waiting on your thoughts
"We have never seen anything like this.? Mark 2:12
Old 01-07-2011, 08:27 AM  

Charlottesville, VA
Teaberryeagle ... THANK YOU! This is absolutely wonderful.

And yes, neophyte ... I do love this one. This is far and above my own personal ability because I don't know how to tango but these dancers had all the moves and no one took off clothes!!!!!

I am happy you found this video... and notice the audience? No one throwing money at them ... and they were higher class sophisticated people, not a bunch of guys going to the bars to watch some girls shake around on stage ... I'm telling you, pole dancing is really evolving. I don't think there is a way to change the name - people's perceptions will just have to change as more of these performances become public.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:26 AM  
Zoe-nuh-jeep

Suck Vista, Arizona
I consider anything that requires judging, not be a sport, with fighting being the only gray area.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:53 PM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven_Rage View Post
wtf.......

....... couldn't believe it, huh?
Old 01-07-2011, 01:32 PM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtngirl View Post
Teaberryeagle ... THANK YOU! This is absolutely wonderful.

And yes, neophyte ... I do love this one. This is far and above my own personal ability because I don't know how to tango but these dancers had all the moves and no one took off clothes!!!!!

I am happy you found this video... and notice the audience? No one throwing money at them ... and they were higher class sophisticated people, not a bunch of guys going to the bars to watch some girls shake around on stage ... I'm telling you, pole dancing is really evolving. I don't think there is a way to change the name - people's perceptions will just have to change as more of these performances become public.
for acknowledging the videos......YouTube.com has everything and, you can take "Tango" lessons there also. Just plug in Tango Lessons in the search and you'll get hundreds. I could recommend them, but this isn't the place........and, you can plug in "Pole Dancer" and get the same, but, you'll get them all... Here's a great one....sure didn't know these fetes were possible........

Felix - 2009 World Pole Dance Champion

Old 01-07-2011, 02:15 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonaJeep View Post
I consider anything that requires judging, not be a sport, with fighting being the only gray area.
So then gymnastics is not a sport?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Sports
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.