Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2014, 03:02 PM  

Nevada
New Desktop Computer

After 8 years, my Compaq HP desktop gave me so much trouble I decided to go out and buy a new one. It's a Dell Inspiron w/Windows 8 and all the memory I need.[And it actually fits on top of my desk] Problem is that I dislike the Win8 start panel but found something called Classic Shell that gives me the Win7 start menu.

My biggest problem has been figuring out how things work and downloading a word processor that Dell doesn't include in their packages.

It took me several days to figure out how to transfer my photos from my flash drive to the system. And then, I went to the Dell Support Forum to get help in transferring my music - so far, not a single helpful answer. I haven't figured out how to transfer from the flash drive but did guess that by clicking the C port in the My Computer window would open the drive so I could rip tunes from the CDs I have. Missing a lot of music but will see if I can figure out the rest.

Now to try to recover the hundreds of urls I had to helpful and important websites. [Having one heck of a time getting used to this new keyboard]

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Technology
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads