Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-24-2010, 01:45 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKTAXI View Post
Moab is boring.... no tall buildings, no traffic, only has 6 signal lights, no Walmart, no malls, etc, etc....
To each their own.
I personally would choose the wide open spaces, tall mountains, unique rock formations, deep valleys, raging rivers and sandy stretches over that of what the city has. Big Brother would write me a ticket for parking my Jeep on a curb.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:31 PM  

Central, Utah
Did you notice ROKTAXI's location?

Old 09-24-2010, 02:35 PM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boreal View Post
Did you notice ROKTAXI's location?
Yeah, I did. I had a good laugh.

I guess the same can be said about my town of Vernal. It is a stop for many vacationers from around the country as well as around the world, but when you live there, it is just another place.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:36 PM  

Boise, Idaho
I would agree that Moab is a very cool place to visit. Don't worry ROKTAXI, we won't all move there
Old 09-27-2010, 09:31 PM  

Kaysville, Utah
So many things, Like everyone has already said, moab, parkcity, sothern utah, all that jazz, but Something that you have to see is all the seasons, especially fall in the canyons, like farmington canyon, and all of that. Plus, Greatest snow on EARTH!!! I Love utah, this isnt just a great place to visit, its an amazing place to live, because you have so much to do, and so much to see!
Old 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbiked View Post
So many things, Like everyone has already said, moab, parkcity, sothern utah, all that jazz, but Something that you have to see is all the seasons, especially fall in the canyons, like farmington canyon, and all of that. Plus, Greatest snow on EARTH!!! I Love utah, this isnt just a great place to visit, its an amazing place to live, because you have so much to do, and so much to see!
Two weeks ago, my wife, daughter and I travelled to SLC, and the colors were so vibrant! They both took so many pictures.

The Red Cloud Loop, located just north of Vernal, is a sight to see. It is approx. 45 miles, round trip. If anyone decideds to go, I suggest an adequate vehicle AWD or four wheel drive, as that there is a periodic rain up there. I also recommend taking lunch with you, warm clothing and blankets. Chances are, you will never encounter any problems, but there is always that one time when it can happen. The roads are well traveled, so so one will be stranded for long, if they ever do get stranded.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:48 PM  

Moab, UT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogman View Post
I would agree that Moab is a very cool place to visit. Don't worry ROKTAXI, we won't all move there
Too late.... they're already here!!!!
Old 09-29-2010, 09:02 AM  

Vernal, Utah, U.S.A.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROKTAXI View Post
Too late.... they're already here!!!!
Not me! I have contemplated the idea, but decided that they have enough tourists who have decided to stay and create businesses around the attractions.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:22 PM  

El Paso, texas
I dont know about living in moab but its pretty fun to vist if you go in a group
Old 10-01-2010, 07:52 PM  

brigham city, utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by remmons View Post
Not me! I have contemplated the idea, but decided that they have enough tourists who have decided to stay and create businesses around the attractions.
Yeah I definitely contemplate that idea on a regular basis but unless I get laid off from my job I wont be able to make the same wages down there as I am up in Ogden.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Utah
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.