Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 07:05 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I hope that neither of them are Jeeps!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exqqqqme View Post
You DRIVE a Jeep

You RIDE a Motorcycle

The Cherokee 4.0L police package topped out at about 120 MPH officially

Old 10-08-2010, 02:28 PM  

Lee, GA
looked at it cause she is all apart

Old 10-08-2010, 02:42 PM  

Winnipeg, Manitoba
99 Cherokee Sport
Old 10-08-2010, 02:43 PM  

Winnipeg, Manitoba
2004 Tahoe LT
Old 10-08-2010, 02:57 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer34ca View Post
99 Cherokee Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezer34ca View Post
2004 Tahoe LT
Old 10-08-2010, 06:03 PM  
facepalm

Minot, ND
put the top back on it
Old 10-08-2010, 07:16 PM  
Supporting Member

Yakima, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
put the top back on it
Getting ready to do the same. I need my wife to drive the YJ so I can have the XJ to haul the kid around while I am tuning the typhoon since it will be somewhat unreliable until the tuning is done.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:14 AM  

Middleburg, Florida
I went and got some MEK, after having some chrome parts soaking in Metal Ready after sanding them with 80 grit I primed them and painted them. I got the chrome headlight rings, headlight rock guards and headlight buckets painted with Chassis Saver. Turned out great.

I found Klean-Strip 1-Gallon Phosphoric Prep and Etch that I'm going to give a try at etching my frame that' stripped. At $15 it's a bargain if it works as well as Metal Ready. Also will be getting the famous "purple" HVLP gun from Harbor Freight. I have 2 HVLP guns but they only have two air delivery nozzle outlets and the famous purple harbor freight gun has 4 which should yield better results. I'll use my two current guns for primer and the harbor freight gun for finish, even though I've been getting great results with the guns I have I just want to make sure I have the best finish I can get.

I got to figure out how to wire the 3 capacitors on my SpeedAire 5F563 80 gallon 7.5hp compressor and get it up and running too. It has 3 wire coming out of the motor and 3 jumper wires. If there are any electricians the motor is a Baldor VL 1309 it has 3 wires coming from the motor that go to the capacitors. I can't make out the markings on the wires but Here is a thread all about if, if anyone couple help me get this back up and running it would be great so I can stop using my backup 15g air compressor.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 AM  

Middleburg, Florida
Also the PO did a hack job on the wiring harness. Jeeps in salvage yards in FL don't show up very often. If anyone knows where I could get a complete wiring harness/fuse box for the 83 CJ7 that would be very helpful. Or if anyone has experience with a new wiring harness that won't break the bank I'd love to check it out.
Old 10-09-2010, 08:21 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickCJ7 View Post
Also the PO did a hack job on the wiring harness. Jeeps in salvage yards in FL don't show up very often. If anyone knows where I could get a complete wiring harness/fuse box for the 83 CJ7 that would be very helpful. Or if anyone has experience with a new wiring harness that won't break the bank I'd love to check it out.
Aftermarket perhaps? If anything, a CJ should have the best parts support of all older Jeeps-----------they especially have that 'Harley' mystique which needs no explanation.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.