Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Old 12-03-2010, 12:32 PM  

waterloo, Ontario
Canadian home brewers

Hey all,
Just wondering where all you homebrewers get supplies here. I haven't found anything with a great selection, nothing even close to Northern Brewer in the US.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:20 PM  

Victoria BC, BC
I'm in Victoria BC, and the best local supplier is
Hobby Beers & Wines
250-382-2739
1302 Finlayson St,

They have tanks of light and dark LME, lots of strains of yeast in the fridge, specialty malts and hops as well. The guys there are also very helpful.

As for online, not much for gear but I have ordered from Home | Fresh Hops Direct from Puterbaugh Farms in Grandview, Washington and they have shipped cross border fast and cheap, good selection of hops and berries.

Lastly i bought some kegging gear from Keg Tappers also in Victoria BC.

Old 12-06-2010, 03:46 PM  

Lake Echo, Nova Scotia
I'm on the east coast and we have a few home brew shops around but the largest is Noble Grape and they are by far the most knowledgeable. Not really going to help you too much in Ontario but had to plug the store.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:39 PM  

London, Ontario
I'm in London Ontario, and the big one I found online is in Brampton
Products
haven't shopped there yet, but they seem to have everything all the way up to all grain
Old 12-08-2010, 09:42 PM  

London, Ontario
Anybody order from the USA

Not sure how the boarder would treat ordering beer and yeast across the boarder? Anybody try yet from Northern Brewer?
Old 12-09-2010, 05:49 AM  

Montreal, Quebec
In Montreal I go to Mout International. Not the nicest storefront but they have quite a massive warehouse with a good product turnaround. You can place your order online or over the phone and later pick it up there. I like!
Old 12-09-2010, 02:25 PM  

Vancouver, BC
If your wet enough to live in the Vancouver area, you are likely well aware of Dan's Homebrew Supplies
He unfortunately will no longer ship (to much extra running around),
always a great fresh selection of Wyeast. and hops, now carries sorghum extract in case your pouring that way these days.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 AM  

Nova Scotia
Most of my stuff either comes from group buys... or from Noble Grape (local homebrew shop).
Old 12-11-2010, 02:04 AM  

London, Ontario
I too am in london ontario, i havent been able to find much in the way of supplies in canada other than what i build myself. Most of what i get i ship to family in chicago and then pick up when i visit
Old 12-21-2010, 07:53 AM  
tim

Halifax, NS
Noble Grape is the best in Atlantic Canada. They have a good basic selection and some oddities as well. I'm interested in group buys out there if anyone has any good info.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!