Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 10:43 AM  

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim View Post
Noble Grape is the best in Atlantic Canada. They have a good basic selection and some oddities as well. I'm interested in group buys out there if anyone has any good info.
Noble definitely has the market here. No complaints, the staff are usually friendly and helpful too.

Also, there is a guy in the Annapolis valley that grows hops and is apparently supplying a local brewery. I'll have to see about getting some from his next crop for a batch or two.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:57 PM  

Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by know1 View Post
Noble definitely has the market here. No complaints, the staff are usually friendly and helpful too.

Also, there is a guy in the Annapolis valley that grows hops and is apparently supplying a local brewery. I'll have to see about getting some from his next crop for a batch or two.
The person you're referring to owns a fiddlehead farm, and sells to Garrison: http://www.garrisonbrewing.com/pdfs/...rm-1124-10.pdf
There's actually a few hop farmers around - Ross Farm grows them too.

If you folks in NS are looking for a good spot for brewing info - try the brewnosers.

Old 12-21-2010, 01:14 PM  

Chatham, Ontario
I'm in Southern Ontario and get my supplies and equipment from Canadian Homebrew Supplies in Brampton. Their customer service is great and they have an excellent range of products. Homebrew Supplies
Old 12-22-2010, 07:58 AM  

Hamilton, Ontario
Howdy from Hamilton Ontario,

My local brew store is brew time, and they have a wide enough selection to sustain even a avid all grain brewer.

They are also the local white labs supplier. Very friendly staff and a excellent brew on site facility.

Although I believe their supplier is New Page 1, which has a huge selection of equipment, grains, yeast, hops etc. and they ship country wide.
Old 12-23-2010, 12:02 PM  

Halifax, Nova Scotia
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker View Post
The person you're referring to owns a fiddlehead farm, and sells to Garrison: http://www.garrisonbrewing.com/pdfs/...rm-1124-10.pdf
There's actually a few hop farmers around - Ross Farm grows them too.

If you folks in NS are looking for a good spot for brewing info - try the brewnosers.
Cool! Completely different guy than I thought

this is who I was thinking of:
Technology & Innovation - FarmCentre.com

apparently they used some cuttings from his farm for the Ross farm plantation
Old 12-24-2010, 08:03 AM  

Kingsville, Ontario
My local homebrew supplier will order me in anything I ask for. sometimes it might be a little bigger quantity than I need, but, I can freeze what I don't neeed right away. Ask at your local shop, most store owners are happy to help you out. Since there are so many homebrew places popping up anymore they like to keep a customer rather than send them elsewhere.
Old 12-26-2010, 07:59 AM  

Hanley, SK
Usually Midwest in the states, but after a few issues I want to find kegging equipment closer and cheaper to home
Old 01-01-2011, 10:23 PM  

London, Ontario
I just found these guys online
up near Owen Sound HomeBrewGearCanada - Homebrewing Supplies
have extract and all grain kits, blickmann stuff, hops, yeasts etc

And since I started with Coopers extract kits and fermenter, I've been using these guys
Complete Home Brewing Supplies Good shipping and really great to deal with.
Old 01-16-2011, 03:07 PM  

Sooke, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaldwarf View Post
I'm in Victoria BC, and the best local supplier is
Hobby Beers & Wines
250-382-2739
1302 Finlayson St,

They have tanks of light and dark LME, lots of strains of yeast in the fridge, specialty malts and hops as well. The guys there are also very helpful.

As for online, not much for gear but I have ordered from Home | Fresh Hops Direct from Puterbaugh Farms in Grandview, Washington and they have shipped cross border fast and cheap, good selection of hops and berries.

Lastly i bought some kegging gear from Keg Tappers also in Victoria BC.
I was going to start a batch...first one, only done wine before...i'm in Victoria as well, have to check them out
Old 04-01-2011, 02:00 PM  

i think the place i go to in london is dannys wine and beer they have a ok selection they have hops in a fridge they can bring out for you not a huge selection but they can get stuff in for you

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > Global Forums > Canada
Bookmark this Page!