Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Central Coast
Click Here to Login

Old 12-22-2010, 12:06 AM  

Atascadero, CA
Fishing

Hey All,

I just moved to Atascadero this year, and I'm looking for some good bass fishing spots. I came over from Fresno, and I can tell you that the bass fishing there was hit or miss. Luckily, I had a lot of lakes to choose from there; Shaver offered some smallmouth fishing, then there were spots in Pine Flat, trophy largemouth at Eastman, and some fair largemouth at Hensley.

So what are the major lakes around Atascadero for bass fishing? I'm going to be mostly shore based, but I will be getting into kayak fishing later. Any suggestions are welcome and appreciated!

V/R,

William Bixman
SSG, USAR

Old 12-23-2010, 08:36 AM  

santa margarita lake is the most shore friendly for fishing.then you have nacimiento and san antonio lakes.
Atascadero lake had bass in it at one time,I don't know if there is anything besides carp and catfish in it now.

Old 12-23-2010, 10:47 PM  

Atascadero, CA
There's catfish there? That should be good for my kids if I could ever get them into fishing. Not a big fan of carp, but they are fun to catch. Thanks for your response!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > California > Central Coast
Bookmark this Page!