Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Click Here to Login

Old 11-03-2010, 02:35 PM  

Dallas, Texas
Locals at Rallies

They were broadcasting the John Stewart Stephen Colbert rally the other day, and I got to wondering do you locals go to the rallies? With such a massive turnout, I would think so, but it could be one of those things you only do when people are in town.

Old 11-04-2010, 01:16 AM  
tam

Winchester, VA
do locals go to rallies? good question.
things to check:
1. signs. Are the words misspelled? Is there internal logic to the message contained on sign?
2. clothing. poly or cloth? bright colors (lily p. wearer's of pink and green–cave dweller's–will not be, well, "rallying."
3. Body size in general. Most local stores do not carry clothing for women over size 10, twelve is pushing it.
4. Buses. Generally, these people are bused in from some unpleasant place. Tens and tens of buses will be parked 'round the corner to take them home when the work in done. They leave a great deal of trash. Super sized coke and fast food wrappers.
Locals do turn out for The Million Man March, President Obama, Fourth of July, and Colbert. Why not?

Old 11-22-2010, 02:03 PM  

Washington DC, DC
A lot of us do. Many rallies from Colbert to glenn becks re filled with people from VA, MD and DC simply because it costs less to get here.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:11 PM  
HBJ

Manassas, VA
Make it a nice day on the National Mall and we'll head down to see dancing koalas!
Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM  

Washington, DC, District of Columbia
I went to the Stewart/Colbert rally, yes, and I live in Columbia Heights. I went to the inauguration, if that counts. And since I work on the Hill, I wander for curiosity's sake into the many demonstrations here.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:51 PM  

MD
I live over an hour away but I am ashamed to say that I only make it to a rare event.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > District of Columbia
Bookmark this Page!