Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 02:25 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Another CdA resident here making my first post. It's nice to see so many others from north Idaho!

Old 11-24-2010, 09:43 AM  
polarisgold

Post Falls, ID
Don't Mean To Be Rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by tai_66 View Post
It really is the best area in the world to live. I live in Post Falls, which is about 3 miles down the road from Coeur d'Alene. Born in CDA, raised in Post Falls, have lived in Post Falls, Coeur d'Alene, and Rathdrum, which for anyone who doesn't know are all in the same area. I've been all over the country, and have yet to find anywhere else I'd rather live.
We moved here 14 months ago. We were very disappointed. The mountains are nice but small like the ones I left back east. Post Falls where I live is like a police state. Whats the deal with that? Is there a lot of crime here?

The speed limits are 10mph slower than where I was born (Atlanta, GA). That is so asinine! Why are the speed limits so low? I feel like I have to drive like an old lady in this state. The limits are set too low in the countryside as well! Jeeeeez, that is so stupid!! Can't you people drive? I hate it. I'm comparing the speed limits to a very high population area(Atlanta,Ga) and not Montana where the speed limits are about right. The only speed limits that are right here are the densely populated residential areas and I-90. The rest are 10mph slower than the Atlanta area.

Whoever is in charge of setting these limits must be a 98 year old invalid, mentally and physically....

Why don't you go back where you came from, Idiot?? Just thought I'd say that to myself so the small minded people wouldn't have to. If I could I'd move to Montana.

I know this post seems rude and it is meant to be towards the people that set these speeds. I mean no offense to the average Idahoan who might wreak their car if they went a little faster. That was rude.......yes people it is your fault the limits are set so low! I'd bet that there are way too many Californians or people of their ilk in government here and that is why the limits are so low!!! They dam sure can't drive in California!!!

Old 12-29-2010, 07:36 PM  

polarisgold - Yes I think you should move. I live in Post Falls and all the speeders really piss me off. Especially in weather like we have today. Idiots falling off the road all over the place in the snow, cutting off snowplows, driving too fast for conditions.

Oh and I work for the transportation dept.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:55 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Summer if fabulous in CDA, but this Texas boy is here for the snow (as I write this I'm looking at about 10 inches of the stuff fallen since this morning). Check out what we do on New Year's Day each year.
Coeur d' Alene-img_4870.jpg 

Coeur d' Alene-img_4885.jpg 

Old 01-27-2011, 09:20 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrabbot View Post
I just had to leave Sandpoint after getting laid off at Quest Aircraft up there (great plane, hope they make it). I would have lived there forever. I love the north Idaho people. A good mix of types, and most are very friendly. Some liberal influence, especially in Sandpoint, but lots of freedom loving independents. My kind of folks!

CDA was the "big city" near us, and we made our way there several times a month. Would be a great place to live, in my opinion.
Built many hangers out at the Sandpoint airport, including many out in Fishback airpark, but it's been a might "slow to no" lately. In the panhandle, it's just flat out brutile in terms of work.
Old 01-27-2011, 09:25 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
polarisgold - Yes I think you should move. I live in Post Falls and all the speeders really piss me off. Especially in weather like we have today. Idiots falling off the road all over the place in the snow, cutting off snowplows, driving too fast for conditions.

Oh and I work for the transportation dept.
I so agree with you on this. CDA has the most impatient anal retentive drivers I've ever seen. You always see these people in the ditches first snowfall every single year. Wish these people would just chill or go back to the big city!
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM  

Very beautiful place. Love driving throught there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.