Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-13-2011, 11:01 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
Shooting Ranges

Anybody have some input on shooting ranges?

I normally visit the CC Shooting Park at the arse end of Decatur, but I'm hoping somebody can clue me in to a range with some long distance gongs or steel targets. Clubs are welcome- I would be happy to get involved with one anyway.

Old 03-14-2013, 01:11 AM  

I would like to know this as well. I've been going to BLM land South of the M myself.

Gongs? If you have the time, I've made my own picking up AR400 or 500 hardened steel at Curtis Steel from their scrap pile.

Old 03-15-2013, 10:41 AM  

Las Vegas, NV
That BLM land has become my go to spot (not the gravel pit which is always packed, but further out).

I ended up with a steel target that I picked up from a gunshow that has worked out well. I'm going to pick up additional falling targets from Ebay however since there seems to be a good market for targets that can fit into flat rate priority boxes. Someone with a plasma cutter can crank them out pretty inexpensively.

Here is an example: http://myworld.ebay.com/arkcusmfg68?...p2047675.l2559
Old 08-17-2013, 08:39 AM  

Las Vegas, Nevada
I always liked going to the far north end of Las Vegas Blvd. There is a big dry lake bed there that people go to shoot. It was closed for a while because they were working on power lines or something like that, but it should be open now.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.