Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-07-2010, 05:15 PM  

Gardner, MA
ok... dont come for the hospitals or the Sox.... BUTTTTTTT You have a jeep. there are some awesome offroading trails. Rockclimbs, mud pits etc. If you really OWN a jeep.. not just drive one, this should be reason enough

Old 10-08-2010, 09:25 AM  

North Andover, MA
A different perspective.....

There's only a couple of spots in the country, where you can be on the beach and in snow on the same day (if your willing to drive a bit). California (Maybe Oregon/Washington State too) and New England.

We truly have four seasons (some overlapping others!), and for the adventurer, there's nothing quite like it.

Old 10-08-2010, 10:43 AM  
Naturalized Texan

Dallas, Texas
Come to Boston for the history, the museums (New England Aquarium and the Museum of Science are my favorites), and Quincy Market. Then head out to the cape and relax by the ocean.
Old 10-08-2010, 05:40 PM  

fall river, mass
looking to go offroading? stop by in freetown to go offroading in the state forest, only about 1 hour away south from boston, and about 20 minutes away from rhode island!
Old 10-08-2010, 10:13 PM  

Dansville, NY
One Reason?

Head of the Meadow Beach in North Truro. Camp at North of Highland, eat 8 pound lobsters at a picnic table and stroll in Provincetown. Go on a whale watch. Rent a charter for Striped Bass. Great state!
Old 10-12-2010, 02:34 PM  

Boston, Massachusetts
Fenway. the history in the city.
Old 10-15-2010, 12:50 PM  

Shreveport, LA
Berkshire Mountains

I would stay far from the Boston area if you are taking a tour of the US. Go to the far away places and you will be rewarded. My vote would be to visit the Bershire Mountains and Williamstown in the northwest corner of the state. This is some of the most beautiful landscape I have seen in the entire United States. Grab your camera and take the time to drive to the top of Mount Greylock, the highest peak in Mass. You will not be disappointed and will leave with some great panoramic shots of the countryside.

Enjoy your trip and be sure to watch out for Smokey on Cole Avenue!
Old 10-15-2010, 04:58 PM  

Lowell, MA
Boston is not a tourist city. it is many things, but touristy is it not. go to the cape!!

A tourist in Boston is kinda like seeing a tourist in a supermarket anywhere else. We tout them around in the stupidest looking buses (duck boats) for good reason. Ask any real Bostonian, none of us have ever riddin in those things!! lol!!

Boston's where the world goes for college. enough said. if you're there for anything else, you just got lost in the biggest knot of roads ever!
Old 10-20-2010, 09:36 PM  

Sandwich, MA
Go to the Cape for some beautiful scenery, nice beaches, friendly people, great fishing/boating, and some decent shopping. might want to wait till next summer though
Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 AM  

Worcester, MA
You know how Reno NV is the bigest little city, Boston is the littlest Big city, all the big city attraction-museums, shopping, restaurants etc. but the public transportation system is deceptively simple and there is never any shortage of things to do in Boston, despite the season.

In spite of all of that, the only reason to come to MA is to visit, the politics, state laws, mandates, regulations etc. even on municiple levels to some degree are in opposition to my personal point of view, If I were'nt born and raised here I don't think I would choose to live here.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Massachusetts
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.