Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2011, 08:44 PM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
I am LOLing at the fact that Marijuana seems to be the #1 discussed question being presented to the Obamathon scheduled on youtube.

YouTube - worldview's Channel

Old 01-25-2011, 12:53 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
I am LOLing at the fact that Marijuana seems to be the #1 discussed question being presented to the Obamathon scheduled on youtube.

YouTube - worldview's Channel
That's how big of a deal it it. There's a lot of good people using it, who fear going to jail over it. They want solutions.

Old 01-26-2011, 05:31 AM  
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɯnɹoɟ

VA
Let me clarify - That wasnt a 'ha ha ha' kind of LOL it was more of a 'chuckling' LOL in the fact that chances are this will make the THIRD TIME where this was the MOST REQUESTED topic, but gets totally ignored by our president.

We shall see this time... But I seriously doubt anything will change.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
That's how big of a deal it it. There's a lot of good people using it, who fear going to jail over it. They want solutions.
Hah they should go to jail. They're breaking the law. If a bunch of people do it, then it's okay, right? That's the most common argument I hear.

So if a bunch of people start doing cocaine, too - we should legalize that next, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaporLung View Post
Let me clarify - That wasnt a 'ha ha ha' kind of LOL it was more of a 'chuckling' LOL in the fact that chances are this will make the THIRD TIME where this was the MOST REQUESTED topic, but gets totally ignored by our president.

We shall see this time... But I seriously doubt anything will change.
Unfortunately, I agree. I don't think our country is ready to do anything serious about the problem at all. I wish they'd at least address it - at least have a vote, although I don't think anything would pass that would even close to legalize it. I'd still like to hear the politicians' view on it.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 PM  

I apologize for my upcoming comment if you get offended....

But what is the attraction to mind altering drugs? Is the world we live in so bad that we have to mask the reality of it? It just seems that these days...Get a backache? Smoke a joint. Had a bad day? Smoke a joint. Tummy hurt? Smoke a joint? Stressed? Smoke a joint.

Yeah, I'm old fashioned but what is the truth? Ok, you have cancer and need to gain weight, I will support you 100% in your need to smoke a joint. Anything else is bunk IMHO!

And before you use alcohol as your defense, I feel the same way, so let's keep the topic directed towards pot.
Old 01-26-2011, 09:43 PM  

Stafford, Virginia
If you take all the money spent on tracking down capturing and prosocuting pot offenders you could fix teh public school system.

Pot doesn't do must to you at all. You get high you get teh munchies that is about it.

How many pot heads are out killing and stealing to feed their habbit? We need to focus more money on education. If we had a higher educated populace I believe hard core drug use would curb itself.

Outlawing pot is like outlawing Rose Bushes. Really, it is nothing more than a plant. I think you should be allowed to grow what you can smoke. The biggest problem is there is not quick test for it like Alcohol. From my research many medical users don't want to smoke it they would rather eat it as the affects last longer. Also Pot is not the gateway drug like they make it out to be. If you ask the majority of tokers smoked regular cigs first. It hasn't hurt many countries that allow its free use.

It all comes down to the person. If you are going to abuse it then they will find away to abuse it. If they are going to smoke 1 joint a week then that is what they will do.

Just as people abuse Alcohol they abuse rx drugs. Hell people abuse caned air for cleaning electronics. Are you going to ban everything?
Old 01-26-2011, 09:51 PM  

Today's headlines about another MEDICAL NEEDS loadie:

COVINA - Two children were hospitalized and their mother arrested after the junior high schoolers ate a cookie laced with marijuana on Monday.
The girls, aged 10 and 11, found a chocolate chip cookie wrapped in a plastic baggie on the kitchen counter after returning home from school and split it between themselves, said Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan. They began feeling ill and were taken to a nearby hospital around 7 p.m. Monday.

Their mother, Veronica Sylvester, 33, of Covina, was booked on suspicion of child endangerment and child protective services were notified, Doonan said.

"(The children) said they had numbness in their bodies and their skin was pale and clammy," Doonan said. "Both girls were taken to the hospital where toxicology tests yielded they were under the influence of marijuana."

The cookie allegedly belonged to Sylvester, who told detectives she got it from a friend for medical purposes, Doonan said. She doesn't have a prescription for medical pot.

Read more: Covina girls hospitalized after eating marijuana cookie, mother arrested - SGVTribune.com
Old 01-26-2011, 10:51 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I apologize for my upcoming comment if you get offended....

But what is the attraction to mind altering drugs? Is the world we live in so bad that we have to mask the reality of it? It just seems that these days...Get a backache? Smoke a joint. Had a bad day? Smoke a joint. Tummy hurt? Smoke a joint? Stressed? Smoke a joint.

Yeah, I'm old fashioned but what is the truth? Ok, you have cancer and need to gain weight, I will support you 100% in your need to smoke a joint. Anything else is bunk IMHO!

And before you use alcohol as your defense, I feel the same way, so let's keep the topic directed towards pot.
Why not? If people want to get a little high, who are you to say they shouldn't? Far more importantly, why should the government say they can't when it's so harmless?
Old 01-26-2011, 10:52 PM  

Fort Collins, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Today's headlines about another MEDICAL NEEDS loadie:

COVINA - Two children were hospitalized and their mother arrested after the junior high schoolers ate a cookie laced with marijuana on Monday.
The girls, aged 10 and 11, found a chocolate chip cookie wrapped in a plastic baggie on the kitchen counter after returning home from school and split it between themselves, said Covina police Lt. Tim Doonan. They began feeling ill and were taken to a nearby hospital around 7 p.m. Monday.

Their mother, Veronica Sylvester, 33, of Covina, was booked on suspicion of child endangerment and child protective services were notified, Doonan said.

"(The children) said they had numbness in their bodies and their skin was pale and clammy," Doonan said. "Both girls were taken to the hospital where toxicology tests yielded they were under the influence of marijuana."

The cookie allegedly belonged to Sylvester, who told detectives she got it from a friend for medical purposes, Doonan said. She doesn't have a prescription for medical pot.

Read more: Covina girls hospitalized after eating marijuana cookie, mother arrested - SGVTribune.com
Damn let's outlaw peanuts, too. Anaphylactic shock ain't no joke
Old 01-27-2011, 12:25 AM  

I wish I could show you some of the pictures of the fatal accidents I investigated where pot was involved. One girl died with the joint still in her mouth after she ran head on into a car containing two 16 year old kids. The kid's car flipped over, and as I rolled up, both kids were on fire and became known in our profession as "crispy critters." Try telling their parents as I had to that pot is a harmless drug. I have many more but won't bore you with details. Smoke away!

Sorry guys, you have your opinion and I have mine. We will agree to disagree on this topic.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.