Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 10-18-2011, 04:38 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
SS Cost of Living Increase

Unlike the past couple of years prices have now increased enough to warrant an increase in SS COL expected to be 3.5%.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:40 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
They say the reason for no increase the past couple of years was because there is no inflation during a recession. That leaves me wondering why almost every thing I purchase has either a direct price increase, an indirect due to re-packaging or in some cases, both.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:42 AM  
Administrator
 
samfloor's Avatar

Missouri
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,845 | Kudos: +114
Those that have Medicare will spend most of that incease on a Medicare increase. I did not sign up for Medicare. Can't afford the $140 a month.
__________________
AKA....Rusty, Floorist, etc.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 10:46 AM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Those that have Medicare will spend most of that incease on a Medicare increase. I did not sign up for Medicare. Can't afford the $140 a month.
Yet democrats still argue that Obamacare provides affordable healthcare for everyone. How can they make such a claim with a straight face?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 11:07 AM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Yet democrats still argue that Obamacare provides affordable healthcare for everyone. How can they make such a claim with a straight face?
edit: explained so many times.....

this discussion was about medicare, not obama care, do you need me to explain the difference? or how about this, instead of making vague statements explain how medicare payments going up is proof that obamacare doesn't help to provide affordable (maybe medicare isn't as cheap, but is far cheaper then any market rates, if they will even insure you at any price) to more americans?
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 04:32 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
edit: explained so many times.....

this discussion was about medicare, not obama care, do you need me to explain the difference? or how about this, instead of making vague statements explain how medicare payments going up is proof that obamacare doesn't help to provide affordable (maybe medicare isn't as cheap, but is far cheaper then any market rates, if they will even insure you at any price) to more americans?
Maybe your explanations only satisfy your own mind.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 05:11 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Maybe your explanations only satisfy your own mind.
maybe you , once again, have ignored any question posed to you to explain your comment and you tossed a semi-insult back at me, great debate style......
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:33 PM  
Senior Member

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,892 | Kudos: +92
I haven't been able to locate an actual person who has been helped by Obamacare.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:39 PM  
Senior Member
 
oldognewtrick's Avatar

Nashville, TN
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 493 | Kudos: +74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I haven't been able to locate an actual person who has been helped by Obamacare.
...and you won't.
Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 06:55 PM  
Senior Member

Bristol, Tennessee
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 1,062 | Kudos: +48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
I haven't been able to locate an actual person who has been helped by Obamacare.
and I am sure you have tried... and you do know the majority of it has not started yet, the only real change so far is that college students can stay on their parents plan longer, so yeah not much has changed yet....at all, so it makes your obsession with blaming obamacare on wrecking the economy absolutely absurd

oh and you have yet to respond to my question posed to you in this thread.......
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.