Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 10-18-2011, 03:38 PM  

SS Cost of Living Increase

Unlike the past couple of years prices have now increased enough to warrant an increase in SS COL expected to be 3.5%.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:40 AM  

They say the reason for no increase the past couple of years was because there is no inflation during a recession. That leaves me wondering why almost every thing I purchase has either a direct price increase, an indirect due to re-packaging or in some cases, both.

Old 10-22-2011, 09:42 AM  
Administrator

Missouri
Those that have Medicare will spend most of that incease on a Medicare increase. I did not sign up for Medicare. Can't afford the $140 a month.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by samfloor View Post
Those that have Medicare will spend most of that incease on a Medicare increase. I did not sign up for Medicare. Can't afford the $140 a month.
Yet democrats still argue that Obamacare provides affordable healthcare for everyone. How can they make such a claim with a straight face?
Old 10-22-2011, 10:07 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_T View Post
Yet democrats still argue that Obamacare provides affordable healthcare for everyone. How can they make such a claim with a straight face?
edit: explained so many times.....

this discussion was about medicare, not obama care, do you need me to explain the difference? or how about this, instead of making vague statements explain how medicare payments going up is proof that obamacare doesn't help to provide affordable (maybe medicare isn't as cheap, but is far cheaper then any market rates, if they will even insure you at any price) to more americans?
Old 10-22-2011, 03:32 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
edit: explained so many times.....

this discussion was about medicare, not obama care, do you need me to explain the difference? or how about this, instead of making vague statements explain how medicare payments going up is proof that obamacare doesn't help to provide affordable (maybe medicare isn't as cheap, but is far cheaper then any market rates, if they will even insure you at any price) to more americans?
Maybe your explanations only satisfy your own mind.
Old 10-22-2011, 04:11 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Maybe your explanations only satisfy your own mind.
maybe you , once again, have ignored any question posed to you to explain your comment and you tossed a semi-insult back at me, great debate style......
Old 10-22-2011, 05:33 PM  

I haven't been able to locate an actual person who has been helped by Obamacare.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:39 PM  

Nashville, TN
Quote:
I haven't been able to locate an actual person who has been helped by Obamacare.
...and you won't.
Old 10-22-2011, 05:55 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
and I am sure you have tried... and you do know the majority of it has not started yet, the only real change so far is that college students can stay on their parents plan longer, so yeah not much has changed yet....at all, so it makes your obsession with blaming obamacare on wrecking the economy absolutely absurd

oh and you have yet to respond to my question posed to you in this thread.......

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!