Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2011, 04:23 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by YelloJeep View Post
I do not doubt that you almost cannot turn around without running into some form of subsidies.
Some were useful once but continued today because they're political plums. We subsidize southern sugar beets to foil a dying old man in Cuba. I think it's time to make nice and turn Cuba into the Capitalist Vegas of the Caribbean.

we loved Castro when he tossed out a dictator. If he hadn't turned to Communism we would still love him. Asia is developing South and Latin American markets while we're mired in Cold war politics.

There is an international shortage of grains. We should be growing it anywhere that has room for seeds.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:25 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
Some were useful once but continued today because they're political plums. We subsidize southern sugar beets to foil a dying old man in Cuba. I think it's time to make nice and turn Cuba into the Capitalist Vegas of the Caribbean.

we loved Castro when he tossed out a dictator. If he hadn't turned to Communism we would still love him. Asia is developing South and Latin American markets while we're mired in Cold war politics.

There is an international shortage of grains. We should be growing it anywhere that has room for seeds.
I definitely agree. Once you put them (subsidies) in place it is very difficult to get rid of them. It usually becomes a voting block that no politician wants to lose.

Old 02-18-2011, 10:48 AM  

Mill Creek, Washington
Does "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," fit in here?
Old 02-18-2011, 11:23 AM  

Greenville, SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old-Goat View Post
Does "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," fit in here?
I think it is fair to say yes, it does fit in.
Don't take my stuff because I don't want to take yours. Is that the same?

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > National Politics / Debate
Bookmark this Page!