Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-02-2010, 12:17 AM  
Creature Of The Wheel

East Hanover, New Jersey
While lurking around the local breweries websites, I came across something interesting at Gaslight. U-Brew. Apparently they sell supplies. Has anyone purchased from them?

Old 12-05-2010, 01:31 AM  

Wenonah, New Jersey
That brew store in Collingswood/ Westmont is great i go there all the time for my home brew needs. I'm currently getting the equipment together to start all grain.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:54 PM  

Somerville, NJ
I'm in Somerville, where we are thinking of getting a new homebrew club together.
Old 12-07-2010, 04:55 AM  

FLEMINGTON, NEW JERSEY
COOL let me know I live in Flemington
Old 12-07-2010, 11:22 AM  

Medford, NJ
I've been homebrewing in Jersey for close to a year now. There are a few great stores around to get you started on all-grain if you need help. Joe up in Princeton Homebrew will tell you everything you need to know. C-list is also a great source for finding equipemnt to get you started.

I did extract for about 6 months and then made the switch, havent looked back since.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:41 PM  

Maplewood, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrichead View Post
While lurking around the local breweries websites, I came across something interesting at Gaslight. U-Brew. Apparently they sell supplies. Has anyone purchased from them?
I live in Maplewood and rely on Gaslight for much of my supplies. You call in (or e-mail) your order to Dan Sr., the father in the family run brewpub. Then you stop by and pick up your wares at the bar when it's convenient. The lack of a storefront or decent website to order from takes getting used to. But they seem to have what I want (except whole leaf hops) when I want and HAVING to go to the bar to get my stuff isn't the worst thing in the world!
Old 12-08-2010, 05:47 PM  

Maplewood, NJ
Oh yes... And Draught Board 15 is a "Beer Appreciation Club" run out of the Gaslight. They meet monthly on Sunday afternoons (usually 2nd). They do some homebrew centric events, but it's mostly about exlploring beers.

Check out their website. Also, this is a link to Dan's price list.
Old 12-08-2010, 05:58 PM  

Maplewood, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by speter View Post
I'm in Somerville, where we are thinking of getting a new homebrew club together.
The Whales are in Woodbridge, which isn't that far from Somerville. I haven't been to any of there meetings/events, but I'm considering it, it's not that far from me either. Are there any WHALES here to report?
Old 12-08-2010, 06:09 PM  

Maplewood, NJ
I guess given my last 3 posts that it's obvious I brew, but...

I brew. Been brewing since 1995, switched to all-grain about 4 or 5 years ago. I've got Denny Conn's Vanilla Bourbon Porter and a Citra IPA on tap with a London Brown in the fermenters and a Chocolate Stout that's been aging in the wings. I'm hoping to get at least one more pale brewed before it's too cold to brew outside. Praying for a warm-ish weekend and the time to do it.
Old 12-09-2010, 02:38 PM  

Ambler, PA
I'm in Jersey a lot, but live in Philly. Homebrewer here as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Jersey
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.