Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
So post up some good ones

Old 01-02-2011, 04:22 PM  

San Francisco, CA
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChef View Post
The person who started this post was asking for reasons to visit New Mexico...
Yeah, and we already established that anyone comparing New Mexican food to tex-mex is to be shunned!

Seriously though, it's great food and we can all agree on that. We just need to straighten out some peoples vocabulary.

Old 01-02-2011, 04:26 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Pictures are worth a thousand words.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:46 AM  

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadChef View Post
The person who started this post was asking for reasons to visit New Mexico...
Try engaging brain before using fingers to type.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:45 AM  

Santa Fe, NM
If you like trains, there are some pretty good train rides here as well. There is the Santa Fe Southern line that goes from downtown Santa Fe to Lamy, NM. Also, I highly recommend the narrow gauge railroad between Chama, NM and Antonito, CO. It's a great train ride. Also, for a more modern train, the Railrunner from Albuquerque to Santa Fe is great ride as well.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:18 PM  

Albuquerque, NM
Why don't you try canoeing down the Rio Grande? Bike down the Bosque? Hike the East Mountains? Get out of the house. (Might work next spring.)
Old 01-07-2011, 01:24 AM  

Fort Wayne, IN
What is the weather like there? The seasons? When would be a good time to visit the state and not freeze or burn up?
Old 01-07-2011, 04:55 AM  
Moved NY => Abq 3/9/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdennyder View Post
What is the weather like there? The seasons? When would be a good time to visit the state and not freeze or burn up?
Play around here (click), get your questions answered.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:34 AM  

El Paso, Texas
Yeah, there is a whole thread on weather.

This is a big state, high mountains in the North, desert in the south. I like to visit the small towns in the north in the summer, unless I want to ski of course. In the desert, October is the best month.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:36 AM  

Nambe, New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by heimeken View Post
Yeah, there is a whole thread on weather.

This is a big state, high mountains in the North, desert in the south. I like to visit the small towns in the north in the summer, unless I want to ski of course. In the desert, October is the best month.
5th biggest in the country . Let's see I grew up in Ohio, have lived in New Mexico, North Carolina, Georgia, Florida, and Nevada, and New Mexico has far and away the best local food. I really love seafood and ate tons of it in Florida, but I traded it for the far superior food in NM (not so much on seafood, although there is trout).

The scenery is simply amazing, sunsets at White Sands are hard to beat, and then when the sun does go down the lack of light pollution makes for stellar nights (you can "backcountry" camp at White Sands). The view from Wheeler Peak is breathtaking, although not a hike for the weak. Jemez with it's four wheeling and hot springs/camping. Although Nevada was close in scenery, Tahoe and Black Rock Desert are jaw dropping, and Nevada has an overall more desolate, wild west feel, I am back in New Mexico for a reason.

The weather is great if you like sunshine, if not, you might want to check out the midwest in Winter. It does get pretty cold here at night in the north but when the days get so fair it is a trade off I don't mind. I like snow, so there is always some close by, or it even falls down here in the valley sometimes.

I could go on and on, but I think you get the idea. It's not called the land of enchantment for nothing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > New Mexico
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.