Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-16-2010, 06:19 PM  

St Simons Island, Georgia
Go to Bisbee and eat at The Chocolate Shop.

Old 12-30-2010, 08:22 PM  

ND
Here is one reason, the view:

Old 02-04-2011, 05:52 PM  

I realize the original person who posted is from CA but if another Canadian happens to read this thread you might be interested in knowing that the generous state of ND will refund the state tax paid on pretty much anything you purchase for use back in Canada as long as it's not consumed while visiting ND. This even applies to vehicles!

I've already received several hundred back, it's great!

When I did some digging, I couldn't find other states offering similar incentives. So if you're a Canadian looking to do some cross border shopping, ND will give you a nice incentive to support their economy

Complete details are availble if you follow this link
Old 02-05-2011, 05:44 AM  

ND
On the weekends we see A LOT of Canadian license plates in town.
Old 02-15-2011, 07:37 PM  

my advice, having left and looking back on what i miss, is i would discourage going during the winter, now in all fairness i lived in grand forks area and i dont know the goegraphy of the western part, but the east is very flat... and flat means windy... which means it is abnormally cold and miserable.
--that being said, when it warms up it is beautiful
Old 02-15-2011, 09:58 PM  

The cold isn't THAT bad in ND.

Besides Frostfire Mountain (near Grand Forks) is quick to get to and has decent runs. The best part about learning how to ski/snowbard in the praries is quickly learning how to turn on ice. This pays dividends when you do drive a few more hours to real mountains and hit the powder.

Then again you could always get towed behind a sled for more of a wakeboarding experience OR leverage the wind and snowy cropland for snowboarding with a sail/kite!
Old 03-30-2011, 09:12 AM  

Kingston, Georgia
I'm surprised that no one mentioned one of the best reasons to visit North Dakota... and it's the one thing I really miss about that state (left in 1994 when I left the Air Force)..

THE PEOPLE!! Honestly, some of the nicest people I have met were in North Dakota.. If I could convince my wife that she would adapt to the cold I'd move my family there. Other things as mentioned like the Badlands, Hunting, Fishing are good things too.. but it's the people that make the state
Old 03-30-2011, 02:04 PM  
agrotom

Park River, North Dakota
I have lived in North Dakota for more than 30 years and the very best thing about this state is its wide open peaceful nature. People, places and things they are all here in North Dakota but the open nature and peaceful surroundings is what its all about.

Come visit and you too could find peace and tranquility in this great state. Its like no other..

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Dakota
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.