Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-27-2010, 03:22 PM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Yeah man, I know - you're never alone if your imaginary friends are there...
No you're still alone, it's just not as quiet.

Old 11-08-2010, 08:45 PM  

Unusual Headstones-cemetary.jpg 

Unusual Headstones-cemetary2.jpg 

Old 11-09-2010, 10:11 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
That's impressive.

I've spent a lot of time in Cemeteries, never really saw anything like that.
Old 11-09-2010, 05:53 PM  
Poison Idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
That's impressive.

I've spent a lot of time in Cemeteries, never really saw anything like that.
Why, out of curiosity lol
Old 11-09-2010, 10:16 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Austin's the grim reaper, that's why.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-10-2010, 10:55 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorcharge View Post
Why, out of curiosity lol
I'm creepy.

My Dad is a workaholic. When I was 12 he took on a second job, working for a local funeral home. I was always interested, was pretty mature, so I started going to work with him. By the time I was,18 I was working funerals and driving coaches, then I worked for a mortuary service for a year or so. I got out of it when I lost that job, great work, has to be done, but I didn't want to spend the rest of my life doing it.

I also like older cemeteries. Texas has one every few miles. They are tremendous resources in way of history. Growing up I would go with my Grandmother to tend to long dead relatives graves, then I would wonder when we finished. I've always been amazed by the things I've found.

I think to have our lives summed up and finalized in stone is testament to how truly small and how truly exceptional we all are.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:25 AM  

One of my first memories of my childhood involved going with my mom to tend to her parent's graves. This was when I was 4-6 years old. Even though it has been 50 years since this occurred, I can still drive right to these gravesites in a huge cemetery, and as a matter of fact, I just drove my wife there last weekend.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:56 AM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
There is a graveyard back from the early 1900s right up the side of a bunch of strips with bars, ect. I always stop to look at it when we go to BW3s. A tree grew up right behind a grave yard and ended up lifting it up off the ground some.. and grew right though a fence. A lot of them started sinking into the ground. I will take a picture next time I am there.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:17 PM  

Paron, Arkansas
lol those funny and sad.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:49 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
One of my first memories of my childhood involved going with my mom to tend to her parent's graves. This was when I was 4-6 years old. Even though it has been 50 years since this occurred, I can still drive right to these gravesites in a huge cemetery, and as a matter of fact, I just drove my wife there last weekend.
My family is big on cemetery maintenance, and not just from a professional stand point.

My Mother and Grandfather share a plot big enough for five burials, my grandmother goes out there and changes the fake flowers for every season, holidays, birthdays, I used to mow the lots on a semi regular basis, I think my brother did it last time though. It's more catharsis than anything I think, but she even goes out to the older families plots and does the same thing.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.