Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login

Reply
Old 03-08-2011, 07:32 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I've been using our local library too. It's pretty well stocked with good stuff. I borrowed five books on Sunday, and I am going to be pressed for time to read them all before they are due back. The nice thing is I can renew them on-line

Conn Iggulden's series about Genghis Khan is still on my plate. Great stuff.

Oh yah, and does anyone have a good recipe for chicken giblets. I've got a big bag full of gizzards and hearts and can't quite decide how to cook them.
__________________

__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:06 AM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've been using our local library too. It's pretty well stocked with good stuff. I borrowed five books on Sunday, and I am going to be pressed for time to read them all before they are due back. The nice thing is I can renew them on-line

Conn Iggulden's series about Genghis Khan is still on my plate. Great stuff.

Oh yah, and does anyone have a good recipe for chicken giblets. I've got a big bag full of gizzards and hearts and can't quite decide how to cook them.
The only way that I've had gizzard is deep fried w/batter, you can season the batter to suit your taste...not bad....
__________________

__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:28 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
I fry mine, with the hearts though you have to fry them quick in high heat otherwise you are going to be chewing them for a while.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:42 AM  
Senior Member
 
havasu's Avatar

California
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,747 | Kudos: +238
Images: 17
I just don't have the heart to eat a heart!
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:45 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Austin and Joel are right – here we do the same, only in the end from time to time we add mixed eggs. But as a lazy person, I see many disadvantages of the frying. So, of first I put them in a bigger metal dish and bake very well in the oven (I avoid staying near them while frying), after, again it is possible to fry it quickly with eggs.
Some variation are possible in the oven – I add a cup (or 2) of white wine (+oil or butter), or a coffee cup of vinegar + a tee spoon of sugar mixed in it and a tee cup of water. A little red hot pepper and black pepper are working very well. … all that is going very well with nice dry red wine (maybe beer too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
I just don't have the heart to eat a heart!
Almost the same with me, but only for eyes ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Conn Iggulden's series about Genghis Khan is still on my plate. Great stuff.
Alex, all the history of Mongolian Impair is interesting …
__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 11:51 AM  
The Wizard of Odd
 
borisbob's Avatar

Bulgaria
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 679 | Kudos: +54
Images: 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddyboy2u View Post
Nope not in the woods with bears but I was away for a short break to British Columbia with my wife. She had a course in Kelowna and I decided to go with her. Nice area there lots of wineries and such. But I don't think I would like to live there. Too many people in the summertime.
I do not love the crowded places too ... the wilderness is calling me ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-160.jpg 

__________________
The worst day biking is still better than the best day of work!

http://bgbybike.tripod.com
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 03:00 PM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by borisbob View Post
Austin and Joel are right ? here we do the same, only in the end from time to time we add mixed eggs. But as a lazy person, I see many disadvantages of the frying. So, of first I put them in a bigger metal dish and bake very well in the oven (I avoid staying near them while frying), after, again it is possible to fry it quickly with eggs.
Some variation are possible in the oven ? I add a cup (or 2) of white wine (+oil or butter), or a coffee cup of vinegar + a tee spoon of sugar mixed in it and a tee cup of water. A little red hot pepper and black pepper are working very well. ? all that is going very well with nice dry red wine (maybe beer too).



Almost the same with me, but only for eyes ...



Alex, all the history of Mongolian Impair is interesting ?
I'll try roasting them off before I fry and see what happens.

My wife won't eat them so when I make them I make then only for me.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 04:02 PM  
just a little lower..
 
krutj's Avatar

Titusville, Pennsylvania
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 354 | Kudos: +25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I've been using our local library too. It's pretty well stocked with good stuff. I borrowed five books on Sunday, and I am going to be pressed for time to read them all before they are due back. The nice thing is I can renew them on-line
My local library is sorta pitiful, so when I can snag a couple recent releases, I grab and run....


Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I fry mine, with the hearts though you have to fry them quick in high heat otherwise you are going to be chewing them for a while.
Oh boy, that's the truth..^^
__________________
__________________
Joel
Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 PM  
Mr. Happy
 
RiponredTJ's Avatar

Montreal, Quebec
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 6,908 | Kudos: +139
Images: 7
I think I'm going with this recipe for the bag of giblets in my freezer. I like Portuguese food and figure I can substitute a good hot sauce for the piri-piri. Portuguese Chicken Giblets recipe

Borislav, you know I like history, and I find the story of the rise of the Mongol Empire very fascinating. It changed the world.

Havasu, a nicely cooked heart is a very tasty thing. Get over it. Be a man!

Austin, did you ever read that book?

And Joel, sometimes the recent releases are not the best. There may be hidden jewels stashed in that library of yours just waiting to be discovered.
__________________
Алекс says don't drink and derive
.
Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2011, 11:14 AM  
Moderator Emeritus
 
Austin's Avatar

Texas
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 5,990 | Kudos: +90
Images: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
Austin, did you ever read that book?
I have a three year old, I read at a snails pace. I just finished one, I'm about to start on that one.

I typically have one fiction, one non fiction, and one classic going at any time.

Books can take a while.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Suggested Threads

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.