Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-15-2011, 11:22 AM  

Stafford, Virginia
REI they are great.

Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 PM  

Washington DC, Virginia
Quote:
For a huge selection and great - perhaps the best- prices, check out Campmor. You can order their catalog there too. Bare bones black and white catalog, unlike the 'big' guys, but that probably helps hold down prices.
I completely agree! I buy most of my stuff here, the discounts are insane. I bought a eureka tent for $80 there that was around $120 at retail stores. I like to go to some of the others like REI (which are completely overpriced) and then check campmor.

I also like Cabelas, Grander Mountain, or Bass Proshops as long as you're not looking for the ultra light weight titanium/carbon fiber hiking poles with platinum eyelets you can usually find it there and for a good price.

Old 02-15-2011, 10:04 PM  

Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by clerihew82
Acadamey Sporting goods has alot of cool stuff
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:00 AM  
fustrated genius

Don't know if anyone's posted this one yet. I ordered a couple things from these guys, they are CHEAP, fast and their products have fair to excellant quality. One of the things I ordered was a tent for my pick up, they were awesome and so was the tent.

Ammo & Hunting Gear, Camping & Outdoor Equipment, Military Surplus & Clothing at Sportsman's Guide
Old 02-16-2011, 10:18 AM  

CA
As many have said, REI is great. While their prices are not cheap, the guarantee is great. Their products will stand the test of time, and if for any reason you're not happy with the item, they will take it back. Backcountry.com and Altrec.com are also great. They have excellent guarantees as well, and usually their prices are a bit lower than REI.

I have found that it's cheaper in the long run to buy good equipment from the start. One high quality tent will outlast several cheap Walmart-type tents. And for sleeping bags, don't even think about something like a Coleman bag if you want to sleep warm. Buy a good sleeping bag, and it will last for years.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Outdoor Recreation
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.