Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 01-15-2011, 03:55 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
I've never been to Rausch Creek but I've heard great things about it. Something for everyone there.

Old 01-19-2011, 01:22 PM  

West Conshohocken, Pennsylvania
yup

RC is pretty much the best wheelin spot in the state. Well, the most popular LEGAL spot that is.

I avoid any illegal spots since the last thing I need is a landowner chasing me in my Jeep getting all

Old 01-27-2011, 08:46 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usnavymitchells View Post
There is a new park being done up in the Wilkes Barre / Scranton area. I'll find out more info and post up here later.
northumberland county OHV

Sign the petition, help get this thing going. This addition to PA wheeling would be an unreal event in the offroad world!!!!

Northumberland County OHV Recreation Park
Old 01-27-2011, 11:54 PM  

Selkirk, New York
Rausch is awesome but Moab is best for me. some good HD 40 f/r chromaly axles for non breakage and great procomp xterrains and Moab is the extreme. Shame they closed Tellico. But i still think Moab is the dream!
Old 01-27-2011, 11:58 PM  

Selkirk, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyX68 View Post
I've never been to Rausch Creek but I've heard great things about it. Something for everyone there.
Stock to rock buddy. lvl 1-10 they have it all. camping, on site and hotel accomodations near by. great family week / weekend depending on your time off. cant gt enough. TN folks check out Windrock, KY guys Jellico, NC tellico ( partially closed) MA Old Florida ( still Open as of now), NY Adirondacks Mettawee, AZ/Utah MOAB EXTREME!
Old 01-28-2011, 05:40 AM  

EAST NORRITON, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConshyJeep View Post
I avoid any illegal spots since the last thing I need is a landowner chasing me in my Jeep getting all
and it hurts the reputation of our sport
Old 02-22-2011, 09:32 AM  

couple of friends are going to rausch next weekend but i cant make it still need some recovery equipment but everything i hear is great stuff from there
Old 02-23-2011, 06:57 AM  

Perkasie, Pennsylvania
Bid Dogs in Virginia is about a 3 hour drive. There is also a new ORP near Scranton. Will provide more info on this one. Had some friends involved in the trail cutting, etc...
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConshyJeep View Post
RC is pretty much the best wheelin spot in the state. Well, the most popular LEGAL spot that is.

As someone else posted, the pine barrens are nice (Wharton State Forest)

It is free AND legal. No permits required (unless you camp) Just remember to tread lightly. There aren't any rock, but lots of sand and mud pits, some big enough to swallow a jeep whole. Also, don't attempt to go through any of the mud pits before you test the depth or you have a buddy to recover you. The rangers won't pull you out (if you can even find cell service to call them), but they will call a tow company that will charge an arm and a leg to pull you out

There is a nice view from Apple Pie Hill fire tower. Also a few times a year some off-road clubs get together and do a clean-up of the trash that other less-than earth friendly folks leave behind.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:38 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
The only place close to Philly for LEGAL wheeling that I know of is the Pine Barrens. Then there's Rausch Creek is a little further. Reading Anthracite has a LOT of property near Pottsville they allow you to run on if you spend the $125 for an annual permit. The only issue there is that EACH PERSON has to pony up the money even if they ain't driving. You can also hunt there if you've got a PA hunting license. Tioga State Forest also has a LOT of trails, but that's WAAAAY up in the middle of the state close to the NY border. There's semi-annual JeepCamps that go there (I believe arranged by one of the guys at Rausch Creek). Reading Anthracite has something for everybody as well.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!