Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 PM  

san marcos, texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
Romans 14:11
For it is written, [As] I live, saith the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.

The OP fooled those of you who responded, for the most part, it is an arguement that cannot be won.

In the end ALL will know, all will face the judgement of a just and righteous God. You're knee too shall bow.

Commandment II, Thou shall not take thy Lord's name in vain....

Making a mockery of God is taking his name in vain, the penelty is everlasting torment.

The Kingdom of God is Within you | The Kingdom of Heaven is within you | The Gates of the Kingdom

This is a good read, not what I was looking for but....

Remember, the will be plenty of 'good christians' in Hell too, plenty.

Scott
Quote:
The title of this forum should read-

The Condemnation of Religion and Pholosophy.

Just sayin...

Scott
I am not condemning religion, I am merely stating my opinion and personal experience with religion. It is the Christian belief that condemns all unbelievers to everlasting torment in hell. Do not take offense because I do not believe in your god and I will not take offense in the fact that you believe I will spend eternity in hell.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:00 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
I am not condemning religion, I am merely stating my opinion and personal experience with religion. It is the Christian belief that condemns all unbelievers to everlasting torment in hell. Do not take offense because I do not believe in your god and I will not take offense in the fact that you believe I will spend eternity in hell.
Not all Christians are that way in all fairness; many of them are quite secular...........just like not all Muslims are Islamists.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:40 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
It is not Christians that condemn, it is God that condemns.

BTW, it is not me that is offended, it is God that one has to concern himself with.

Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 07:42 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Not all Christians are that way in all fairness; many of them are quite secular...........just like not all Muslims are Islamists.

Not all Christians are 'saved', probably, the majority are not. See my previous posts.

Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 08:32 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Not all Christians are 'saved', probably, the majority are not. See my previous posts.

Scott
That is for God (in all of its manifestations) for decide who is saved; not you or me.
Old 10-31-2010, 10:51 AM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
That is for God (in all of its manifestations) for decide who is saved; not you or me.
Untrue.

John 15:2
Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every [branch] that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit.

Quote:
Every branch in me - Everyone that is a true follower of me, that is united to me by faith, and that truly derives grace and strength from me, as the branch does from the vine. The word "branch" includes all the boughs, and the smallest tendrils that shoot out from the parent stalk. Jesus here says that he sustains the same relation to his disciples that a parent stalk does to the branches; but this does not denote any physical or incomprehensible union. It is a union formed by believing on him; resulting from our feeling our dependence on him and our need of him; from embracing him as our Saviour, Redeemer, and Friend. We become united to him in all our interests, and have common feelings, common desires, and a common destiny with him. We seek the same objects, are willing to encounter the same trials, contempt, persecution, and want, and are desirous that his God shall be ours, and his eternal abode ours. It is a union of friendship, of love, and of dependence; a union of weakness with strength; of imperfection with perfection; of a dying nature with a living Saviour; of a lost sinner with an unchanging Friend and Redeemer. It is the most tender and interesting of all relations, but not more mysterious or more physical than the union of parent and child, of husband and wife Ephesians 5:23, or friend and friend.
That beareth not fruit - As the vinedresser will remove all branches that are dead or that bear no fruit, so will God take from his church all professed Christians who give no evidence by their lives that they are truly united to the Lord Jesus. He here refers to such cases as that of Judas, the apostatizing disciples, and all false and merely nominal Christians (Dr. Adam Clarke).
He taketh away - The vine-dresser cuts it off. God removes such in various ways:
1. by the discipline of the church.
2. by suffering them to fall into temptation.
3. by persecution and tribulation, by the deceitfulness of riches, and by the cares of the world Matthew 13:21-22; by suffering the man to be placed in such circumstances as Judas, Achan, and Ananias were such as to show what they were, to bring their characters fairly out, and to let it be seen that they had no true love to God. 4. by death, for God has power thus at any moment to remove unprofitable branches from the church.
John 15:2 He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful.

One of the Gifts of the Spirit is that of 'discernment', this is one of my gifts. I clearly understand that I have not the right nor the power to sit in judgement of others (souls), that is God's. However, God, through the Spirit has given the 'saved' the ability to discern between the saved and the unsaved, this protects us from false prophets.

There are only three manifestations of God, the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 12:57 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
So, lsmurphy, am I saved or unsaved?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-31-2010, 01:04 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
So, lsmurphy, am I saved or unsaved?

I have no personal or professional or church related experience with you.....or is this just a trick question?

I will say though....your avatar....the sign means....horns of the Devil...or...as I have come to know it, 'bull****'.

It's your avatar.

Scott
Old 10-31-2010, 01:13 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Ahhh, I see. Well, truly enlightening.

While we're talking about avatars, did you know your Southern Cross flag is used by such racist groups as Neo-Nazi's, Ku Klux Clan, and occasionally by the Aryan Brotherhood, and is generally viewed as a sign of racism? It was actually removed from the South Carolina capitol building, including many major schools, because of this symbolism.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-31-2010, 01:16 PM  

Parrottsville, Tennessee
Quote:
I have no personal or professional or church related experience with you.....or is this just a trick question?

I will say though....your avatar....the sign means....horns of the Devil...or...as I have come to know it, 'bull****'.

It's your avatar.

Scott

Quote:
A rather illustrative sign for "bull****" uses both arms held out, elbows bent, and folded in front of the signer with the dominant forearm on top. The dominant hand mimics a pair of horns with the index and pinkie finger. The non-dominant hand mimics the "business end" with flapping fingers. However, this sign is not considered part of ASL, but rather invented by hearing people. This sign has been changed, now with both the pointer and pinkie finger being extended and thrusting the hand forward to signify "bull****" doing the former sign is not taken seriously in the Deaf community
Profanity in American Sign Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Wiki is for fools....so I went where fools go to find what fools do.

Scott

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.