Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

View Poll Results: Should Marijuana be ReLegalized ?
Full ReLegalization 3 75.00%
DeCriminalized 1 25.00%
Remain as is 0 0%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-08-2008, 03:20 PM  

Re-Legalization

Congressmen Ron Paul (R-TX) and Barney Frank (D-MA) have introduced as House Bill HR 5843, an 'Act to Remove Federal Penalities for Personal Use of Marijuana by Responsible Adults'. This proposal would eliminate all federal penalties prohibiting the personal use and possession of up to three ounces of marijuana and the not-for-profit transfer of up to one ounce of pot.
By 10/10/08 the 20,000,000th marijuana arrest since 10/05/37 will have been made. That's right 20 million marijuana arrests.

You can call your congressperson at 202-224-3121

Visit, http://capwiz.com/norml2/issues/ to have NORML send a pre-written message in your name to your congressperson

or go to www.norml.org
Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM  

Why don't you just smoke Salvia? It is legal and I would assume, cheap.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:32 PM  

Salvia Divinorum

It ain't cheap, $37.99 for 1 gram of 10X extract.
It's mostly a body rush, not a mental high.
It's nothing like weed in any way. Anyone who thinks it is would like that "legal bud" sold in High Times for years. It will only get you high if you think it does. Click your heels together and say "I think I'm high, I think I'm high".
Nothing beats the real thing baby.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:47 AM  

I would not know. Tried it (weed) once ...did not like it.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:58 PM  

different strokes

Sorry it doesn't work for you. I think weed is God's gift to humanity. But some people don't like it just like I don't like any other drugs. Body chemistry and genetics predispose one toward or against any particular drug. Propaganda can create an 'expected' reaction in some people. I knew a guy who would "trip out" on weak mex weed because that was the readers digest concept of what 'high' was that he had accepted.
Weed comes in many, many different types with greatly different effects. I've smoked weed I hated, weed I loved and everything in between.
Pure afghani, harvested early after flowering is my favorite. A beautiful, clear, energetic buzz.
In any case, nobody should be arrested for marijuana. It's a waste of time and money. Feeling good is not a crime.

Prohibition against alcohol was stupid and alcohol is addictive (alcoholics) and brain damaging.

"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes. A prohibition law strikes a blow at the very principles upon which our government was founded."

A. Lincoln 12/18/1840
Old 09-17-2008, 08:50 PM  

Texas Marihuana Tax Stamp

In response to a question about having a tax stamp legalizing weed in one's possession, the answer is - NO.
The Texas Tax Code requires the State Comptroller to produce tax stamps for controlled substances. Stamps are $200 per gram for each controlled substance except weed. Pot is $3.50 per gram.
The Texas tax code states that "nothing in this chapter provides a defense or affirmative defense to, exception to, or immunity from prosecution under the penal laws of this state relating to controlled substances, counterfeit substances, simulated controlled substances, or marihuana."

Sound like double jeopardy? It is.

http://ndsn.org/nov96/drugtax.html

The courts ruling simply means you will only be charged for possession, sale or whatever, not for failing to pay taxes.

Texas marihuana tax stamps can usually be found on ebay for $10-20.

http://marijuanastamps.com/texas.htm

Marihuana is the official state of Texas spelling for marijuana.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:24 PM  
Unregistered

learning to fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MesquiteMan View Post
I would not know. Tried it (weed) once ...did not like it.
You have to learn to get high. Really. Few people will get anything but dizzy the first time they smoke weed. If you drink and smoke you will definitely get dizzy.
I'm not saying you should keep trying, that's yer choice. It kinda grows on you.
Old 11-24-2008, 11:52 PM  

learning to fry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have to learn to get high. Really. Few people will get anything but dizzy the first time they smoke weed. If you drink and smoke you will definitely get dizzy.
I'm not saying you should keep trying, that's yer choice. It kinda grows on you.
It's a change in perception that you have to learn to recognize. Anyone who tries to get someone really zonked first time out ought to be shot. Weed is not for the boozer mentality. The idea is to get high not bombed. Sure there are plenty of pudnubs who just want to get 'totally zonked' but they're always boozers too and usually do any drug they can get their hands on. They've got problems that came before the drugs and that drugs will never cure. I read that changes attributed to drug use almost always came before the drugs. And from experience I know that people who use drugs and have problems still have those problems after they stop using drugs. Connecting the dots don't always give the right picture.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > San Marcos
Bookmark this Page!