Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-30-2010, 03:51 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Duke, with his portable welder about to make short work of this trail repair...

Duke & Mike donated their batteries for the "cause"....

This looks worse than it really was...

Fired a round or two into the dirt to make sure it's going to work. Yup...

Old 08-30-2010, 03:51 PM  

Seattle, Washington

The right tools, the kill to use them, great weather...who could ask for a better equipped group? I was truly amazed at the ability to perform this kind of repair on the trail. Okay, I'm a bit naive'... :smile:

Watch where you point that thing!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 PM  

Seattle, Washington

That's the Wallinator...senior Cockapoo...never thought in a million years I could like a small dog. Guess I just don't know, what I don't know.."Wally" is as good and smart as they come. No, he can't fend off predators...but he's a gem nonetheless...

A bit more to do...

That's Clinton on the left and in the orange hat, that's Digger. Them two guys next to Clinton are some fella's we met on the trail. The guy in the tan shirt was telling me how over at that spot where we took the picture of our Jeeps all lined up, that back in nineteen hundred and seventy two (the year I graduated...) he rolled his heep 7 times down that hill climb after he broke an axle...They air-lifted him out. And yes, they had helicopters in 72'...

The fellow with the big hat had more stories than teeth! A kindly old guy, seemed to know a lot about the area, and had lots stories to tell, about "how he snatched, the devils catch, and ran the hounds of hell..." swiped that line from an old James Taylor song...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:52 PM  

Seattle, Washington

This dirt biker came to tell us his buddy flipped his quad and busted up his nose pretty good, and needed help of some sort. I believe he just needed to know the fastest way out of this area, and Digger, Rich and others got out the maps...

Looks comfy...that's the RaggedOleLady gathering perspective and watching everyone...Wally is keeping an eye out for her!

Job ain't done until the paper work is...

They're getting close! Needed to get the wheel back on so they could jocky around enough to reposition the LCA bolt...it wasn't long before the got that bolt and hole to comply...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:54 PM  

Seattle, Washington

That's an albino, dwarf buffalo in front of the RaggedOleLady. His name is Theodore a.k.a. Teddy a.k.a. the "Beaver"...

Some last minute reinforcements...

Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM  

Seattle, Washington

That little thing was pretty capable. It's a "real Jeep"...it went everywhere all of us did, and often times with less effort. Not sure if that's the rig that trolled back in 72 or not.

Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Trying to keep up with the big boys, I found myself in a bit of a pickle...MCE Mike was kind enough to get my camera to take pictures of my troubles! Thanks Mike! Rotflmao Rotflmao I especially appreciate not taking a shot of my winch line gettin gmy butt out of trouble! Yeah, I walked right over them things...piece of cake...like a cat on carpet...

Must have been a curse I bestowed...
Old 08-30-2010, 03:56 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Kraski made easy work of it...as did everyone else! Humility...a bargain since it's included in the learning curve at no extra cost!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:57 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Old 08-30-2010, 03:58 PM  

Seattle, Washington

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Washington > Seattle / Tacoma
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.