Originally Posted by eelpout
Nothing in that last post has anything to do with what you replied to at all. Nothing.
Thats normal I guess for the gun topic. Soon as some one makes a point just redirect the conversation somewhere else and blow smoke up thier ass.
Just making a case for CC but fair enough, point taken.
The thing is bad guys do not live by Rule of Law. It's easy to conceal a handgun without anyone knowing. BG's will carry when and where they want but GG's will obey the law. If a BG knows that GG's cant carry they are emboldened as there is no one to challenge them. BG's fear armed citizens much more than police. Taking On Gun Control - Reasons to Own A Firearm
Criminals Fear Armed Citizens More Than The Police
In 1985, the National Institute for Justice reported that:
* 60% of felons polled agreed that "a criminal is not going to mess around with a victim he knows is armed with a gun."
* 57% of felons polled agreed that "criminals are more worried about meeting an armed victim than they are about running into the police."
* 74% of felons polled agreed that "one reason burglars avoid houses when people are at home is that they fear being shot during the crime."
* Kennesaw, GA. In 1982, this suburb of Atlanta passed a law requiring heads of households to keep at least one weapon in the house. The residential burglary rate subsequently dropped 89% in Kennesaw, compared to the modest 10.4% drop in Georgia as a whole.
* Ten years later (1991), the residential burglary rate in Kennesaw was still 72% lower than it had been in 1981, before the law was passed.
* Orlando, FL. In 1966-67, the media highly publicized a safety course which taught Orlando women how to use guns. The result: Orlando's rape rate dropped 88% in 1967, whereas the rape rate remained constant in the rest of Florida and the nation.
Now if a BG knows that GG's carry and he may run into one well he's much less likely to commit crime.
Let's look at extremes in a state that allows CC:
A bad guy would not attempt to rob a gun shop during business hours since the possibility of armed citizens is too high. BG's are avoiding areas where there is a good chance of CC'ers.
On the other hand, we have pistol free zones such as church's, post offices, schools, colleges and others. BG's like these areas because they know there won't be armed citizens around to stop them. That's why you see so many shootings in these same areas. If some deranged nutjob has the intent of going out in a blaze of glory and taking as many as he can with him, he will most likely pick a PFZ.
The case for allowing CC is strong and the results in violent crime dropping in areas that adopt it is fact. Bad guys will carry regardless that's a no brainer. Putting guns in the hands of GG's is a very smart move and has proven time and time again to reduce violent crime.
Let me close by saying my comment about you only wanting bad guys to have guns was not fair and I apoligize. No one would want that. But keeping guns from law abiding citizens does just that.