Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 08:03 AM  

Austin, TX
Quote:
Originally Posted by tronnyjenkins View Post
What are all the good spots to Kayak? I have never done it before, but it sure looks fun. I see Red Bud Isle, anywhere else? I live in Houston right now but will be moving to Austin in June or July and want to get this figured out so I don't put it off!
There are multiple spots to rent or put in your own. Most of the docks are in/near Zilker Park, the one I would frequent most is actually right next to Barton Springs pool, but there are several.

San Marcos recently constructed a 'River Rapids' going thru their downtown for tubers and kayakers, and the Blanco, Comal, and Guadalupe rivers just south of town are also great rivers to check out (must provide own kayak tho).

Old 11-24-2010, 06:42 PM  

austin, usa
Campgrounds in Trinity River you can go canoeing, fishing, swimming and kayaking
great way to spend with your hunnie =)

Old 11-30-2010, 12:31 PM  

Bastrop, Tx, Texas
You can look up rising phoenix adventures in Bastrop Tx. they rent kayaks,canoes drop off and pick up from the river
Have fun and good luck
roy
Old 12-12-2010, 03:56 PM  
Professional

Texas
Thanks for the useful info.
Will be putting it to use when it warms up ;-)
Old 12-22-2010, 06:55 AM  

austin, tx
Eh, Bull Creek is now on my off list.

Apparently, it is not currently safe to let your dogs swim there b/c of fecal coliform. If my dogs can't swim in it, do I want to? I'm just sayin....
Old 12-22-2010, 08:16 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGold View Post
Eh, Bull Creek is now on my off list.

Apparently, it is not currently safe to let your dogs swim there b/c of fecal coliform. If my dogs can't swim in it, do I want to? I'm just sayin....
I'm sorry to hear that. It's a great place, but if you can't access the water, there are other places around town.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:54 PM  
Supporting Member

Leander, Texas
They closed Bull Creek to dogs due to their making the fecal coliform problem so bad. It's not that it's not safe for them to swim, it's that the dogs were causing the issues

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Texas > Austin
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.