Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-07-2010, 12:27 AM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
I have had at least 5% tint on every truck ive owned...and im on my fourth one now. I have never been stopped for my window tint, but i have recieved one tint ticket from getting pulled over for speeding and he asked me to roll my windows up so he could see how dark they were....

On my jeep i have every window tinted...the front sides at 5%, the back 3 windows with a layer of 5% and 18%, and the front windshield has 35% all the way down it and a 5% strip. and ive never had any problems with the police about it.

Old 11-07-2010, 08:07 AM  

Just curious. 5% tint seems a little light for me. What benefit is it for you?

Old 11-07-2010, 03:21 PM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Just curious. 5% tint seems a little light for me. What benefit is it for you?
5% tint blocks out 95% of light...the benefit for me with it is that it makes it where nobody can see in windows
Old 11-07-2010, 03:53 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Yeah, 5% is about as dark as you can go. That's limo style, you're-not-seeing-in-here kinda thing.

In Hawaii we have yearly safety checks, and part of the check is your tint - you can't be over 32% I believe it is. So there's tons of shops that you pay for them to peel your tint off, safety check the car, and then put the tint back on. It's a whalloping, too - around $300 or so for a small-to-mid-sized car. More around $4-$500 for an SUV or something big. Ridiculous? Absolutely.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-07-2010, 04:35 PM  

CPFilms Drives New Window Film Law in Illinois

New legislation was recently passed enabling Illinois drivers to more fully realize the benefits of window film on their vehicles. In the past, window film on vehicle front side windows was illegal in Illinois. CPFilms teamed up with its Illinois dealers to help amend the law, effective as of October 30th, to now permit several tinting options for vehicle front side windows.

New Options for Drivers
Drivers in Illinois can now install window film on vehicle front side windows. There are three options under the new law, one of which is specific to SUVs:
Minimum Visible Light Transmission (VLT) of 35% on front side windows and rear windows;
50% minimum VLT on front side windows and 30% minimum VLT on rear windows; or
For SUVs and other multi-purpose vehicle owners with factory installed privacy glass on rear windows, 50% minimum VLT on front side windows.
Illinois drivers continue to have the option of darker privacy film (less than 30% VLT) on rear windows, but may not install film on front side windows if rear windows are less than 30% VLT.
A 5% variance has been drafted into the amended law.
Window Film Benefits
LLumar? window films are engineered to enhance your vehicle's appearance, provide the performance you demand, and protect your investment.

Enhance Vehicle Appearance & Style
Reject Solar Heat to Improve Comfort
UV Protection Against Skin and Vehicle Interior Damage
Added Privacy for You and Your Valuables
Decrease Annoying and Hazardous Glare
Old 11-07-2010, 06:47 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Nice! Yeah, I'm a big fan of tint, for the most reasonable benefits - I'm nothing close to a gangster hah.

5% is referring to the amount of light that the tint is letting in. So 95% would be super light tint, and 5% is only letting in 5% of the light, so it's very dark.

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-07-2010, 06:53 PM  

Jonesboro, Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
Nice! Yeah, I'm a big fan of tint, for the most reasonable benefits - I'm nothing close to a gangster hah.
same here!
Old 11-07-2010, 09:35 PM  

The reason I was questioning the percentage is because I've never heard of the percentages of light emittance, only percentages of darkness. To make it easy, many of the blue suits I worked with classified as light, medium, dark, limo, and double limo tint. I guess six of one, half dozen of another.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Automotive
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.