Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-23-2010, 10:21 AM  

Boise, ID
I live in Meridian now. I've lived all over Texas and travelled all over the country. It's hard to beat Idaho for community feel, outdoor recreation, and safety. Boise has a good culture, and the beauty of central and northern Idaho is unreal.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:16 AM  
polarisgold

Post Falls, ID
Post Falls

I moved here a year ago from Cashiers, NC. It is too long a story to tell you why we moved here. The best part of where we live is our church. I've been a Christian for 23 years and I've never attended a church so alive. The church is called Real Life Ministries. They are located in Post Falls, Pinehurst, Moscow in ID, Spokane Valley and Spokane, WA.

I also love this blizzard we just experienced. Imagine busting snow drifts in a Lexus! We loved it!!

The only bad part is I can't seem to find anywhere to take my truck off-road. I think that is primarily due to the Forest Service Greenpeace agenda. Why we let this happen is beyond me. The only way for me to access the deep woods is in my truck due to a handicap. The Forest Service is gaining too much power....

Old 11-28-2010, 11:29 PM  

Kuna, ID
Me & my wife moved here from Vegas in 2004/05.. basically we wanted to start a family, but we didn't want it to be someplace where we were afraid of what would happen if we left our front door unlocked at night, or slept with a window open..
Old 01-12-2011, 03:09 PM  

Boise, Idaho
Good thread.

I moved from Spokane to Boise in '94 because I needed a change and my sister had been in Boise for 16 years. Within the first year I really felt like this was my home. Back then I did a lot of mountain biking and hiking. Now, I'm into Jeeping, camping and plinking.

I don't plan on going anywhere soon!
Old 01-12-2011, 04:37 PM  

Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Born and raised in Texas, moved to Idaho in 2001 for the snow and this bass fisherman has converted to flyfishing. Hopefully, I'll retire here.
Old 01-13-2011, 11:37 AM  
Traveler

My story is fairly simple. Been here my whole life in the same house on the Hoodoo creek in Vay!
Old 01-22-2011, 09:38 AM  

We moved to northern idaho in 2005 from one of the most beautiful places in California - Crescent City in the redwood forest - but it is still California and all that goes along with that.

We love Idaho and our kids benefited in high school by moving here. They are now in the Navy and doing very well. We love riding our horses in the mountains and go camping as much as we can. One of our passions is shooting and here in Idaho that does not prove to be a problem. In California it can be.

I will never leave the Idaho Panhandle to live anywhere else.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 PM  

Kuna
Born in Boise 50+ yrs ago.
Ain't leavin till the good lord comes to get me!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:32 PM  
Potato Eater

Twin Falls, Idaho
Idaho

I was born in Twin Falls Idaho. I move to North Pole Alaska in 95 and I loved it.
I decided to move back to Twin Falls in 2003 because our family is here. I thought I would not like it but even though I miss Alaska I am glad to be back
in Idaho. I have decided to try to explore Idaho as much as possible and am enjoying it very much. Love the Mountains.
Old 02-09-2011, 08:48 PM  

Chili!
Found you over here too huh?

Idaho, let me see. I was born in Nampa, and raised pretty much my whole life here. Spent over 8 years away while I was in the Army and working as a contractor for the Army.
I basically came back to be closer to family. I also missed a lot of the outdoors activities that are not available anywhere else in the world.
Idaho just has its own charm/oddities that make it seem normal, to me at least.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Idaho
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.