Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-28-2010, 02:27 PM  

Kansas City, Mo
If you move to Kc area I know the perfect instructor. He only charges 50 dollars and he provides everything. You do not have to be a resident to take your class. But you have to be a 6 month resident to apply for the permit. If you got family here come on a trip and get licenses changed over before your hitch is up. In box me for the class information.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:36 PM  

wichita, kansas
If I'm not mistaken #6 has changed as well. There was an amendment that passed earlier this year (I can't remember what it was called) but it did away with the disqualification of a "Diversion) for Domestic battery. Now you may obtain a CC after having had a DB Diverted

Old 11-28-2010, 04:44 PM  

wichita, kansas
It was call "Senate Bill SB306" passed and signed by Governor Parkinson on May 17, 2010. Also a few more changes to the CC laws in the state.
Old 11-28-2010, 08:09 PM  

Topeka, Kansas
If you're coming to the Topeka area just about any gun shop can get you a hook up for a class, High Plains Gun shop, Holsters & More are a couple decent ones.
Old 12-13-2010, 07:45 PM  

ks
When you get your CC you have the choice of getting it stated on your DL or getting an ID just for the CC
Old 12-21-2010, 01:22 PM  

Overland Park, KS
I live in Overland Park, KS, and read somewhere that you can't carry into stores or in public places even with a conceal permit due to city ordinance. Not sure how true that is, but worth checking the city ordinances prior to deciding where to live.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:40 AM  

New Strawn, KS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frailn View Post
I live in Overland Park, KS, and read somewhere that you can't carry into stores or in public places even with a conceal permit due to city ordinance. Not sure how true that is, but worth checking the city ordinances prior to deciding where to live.
Where did you read that? I believe the city has tried to pass anti-cc laws but they have been vetoed by the governor.
Old 12-22-2010, 05:42 AM  

Topeka, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanillaXtract View Post
Where did you read that? I believe the city has tried to pass anti-cc laws but they have been vetoed by the governor.
Thats how I remember it too ... there was a big stink by several different cities because they all wanted different rules ... too confusing and the gov vetoed it and basically said this is a state rule thing, businesses that don't want cc can post signs conspicuously as the law was written but not going to let cities and towns write their own rules.

I'm in Topeka and have noticed several businesses that originally had no CC posted have taken them down.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 PM  

Wichita, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimberkid View Post
I'm in Topeka and have noticed several businesses that originally had no CC posted have taken them down.
Same here. Ive notice them being taken down.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:15 AM  

Dodge City, Ks
just make sure and watch out for the no gun signs on businesses and the like, I didn't one day and got caught and it almost got really ugly!!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Kansas
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.