Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-12-2023, 04:12 PM  

Is Minneapolis easy to adjust to for someone not used to city living

I'm sorry for the long title but I just wanted to get to the point. I live in a small city (pop about 91,000) in New Hampshire. I'm looking to move out of the eastern US mainly due to cost of living. It's just too expensive here. I'm thinking about the Midwest particularly Minneapolis. From what I've read it looks like a beautiful city but it looks rather large considering there's another city St. Paul next to it. I've never lived in a big city before. I grew up in a small town and I went to college in Manchester, the biggest city in New Hampshire but it's not that big with a population of a little over 100,000. After college I moved to Nashua which is about 91,000 people. I hope this doesn't sound to rambaly but I just wanted to give some background and now my question, for someone not used to city life how easy or difficult is it to live in Minneapolis. Here's some specifics
1. Population and overcrowding
Does Minneapolis suffer from overcrowding. Is there constant traffic, are city busses packed to the brim all day, are stores and restaurants so crowded you can't get a table or have to wait in long lines to purchase something and is there excessive noise.
2. Cost of living
This is the reason I'm wanting to leave New Hampshire. The cost of living here is too high. I pay half my monthly income in rent. So how high is cost of living in Minneapolis is it as astronomical as the eastern US.
3. Crime
How high is crime compared to other big cities in the country. What are some safety precautions a person should take in the city. Where I live in New Hampshire is relatively safe. So this is a concern I have.

I'm just thinking about moving. I have no set date. I do even plan on visiting Minneapolis before ultimately making the decision to move. I just want to get insight from that live there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis / St Paul
Bookmark this Page!

« Things to do | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.