Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2011, 09:49 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I don't know how anyone can live without the scent of fresh pine in their house at Christmas.

Cleaning up is a piece of cake when we're done with the tree. We just cut all the branches off the tree and toss them in a hefty bag, and then we haul the bare stem and bag of branches into the woods behind our house. Empty bag and that's that.

In the summer we end up using it for kindling in the fire pit.
We burn pine and evergreen scented candels to make up for the loss of tree scent. I used to go to a tree farm and cut down a tree when my daughter was young, but have gotten lazy for this kind of stuff over the last several years. I wouldn't keep a tree at all, for me really it's just another day, but the grand kids come over and like something over the presents grand dad buys them. Also, dont have a fire pit.

Old 11-18-2011, 10:21 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiponredTJ View Post
I don't know how anyone can live without the scent of fresh pine in their house at Christmas.

Cleaning up is a piece of cake when we're done with the tree. We just cut all the branches off the tree and toss them in a hefty bag, and then we haul the bare stem and bag of branches into the woods behind our house. Empty bag and that's that.

In the summer we end up using it for kindling in the fire pit.
Pine sol does wonders.

I have allergies and the particulate get in my nasal cavity an wreak havoc.

I'm not a fan of smells in general. We always have some sort of candle, scentsy going.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:22 PM  
fustrated genius

I love that pine smell too, kinda makes it more Christmassy. This will be only the 2nd time in my life (maybe) to have Xmas in a snowy inviroment. The light dusting these mtns got is gone now so cross your fingers. I think my little grandson will enjoy that part more. I'll be sniveling and whining about the cold as usual.
Old 11-24-2011, 05:35 AM  

Houston, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin

Pine sol does wonders.

I have allergies and the particulate get in my nasal cavity an wreak havoc.

I'm not a fan of smells in general. We always have some sort of candle, scentsy going.
How were you able to work in the food service industry? Bet that made it even more difficult.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.