Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-07-2010, 08:03 AM  

Horse Owners Unite!

Welcome to this new thread. Although I love horses and have had a few, I no longer have any because I realized that unless you live on horse property, the costs are outrageous for boarding and feeding.

My favorite horse was "Cooler", who was an old hunter/jumper that I gave a great life to. He had the corner stall with a view, and was tucked in every night with his pajamas to keep the cold drafts off of him, and got a regiment of "606" and timothy hay daily.

We would take a half day ride into the mountains every week, and we always trusted each other's judgements. I'm sure other horse owners know what I am talking about regarding the mutual trust.

The worst thing I ever did was to sell him to an idiot who threw him in his backyard with no care at all. He colic'ed within a week and the new owner was too cheap to get a vet out immediately and died a day later.

Tell us your horse stories!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads