Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-20-2011, 11:11 PM  
Traveler

A road trip of sorts

Last week was filled with monumental efforts--most of them didn't amount to much. I did clear some garbage out of my life that should have been deleted long ago.

Sunday was Father's Day. My relationship with my Father was bittersweet. I don't want to provide the details. He had issues. I cannot be certain exactly what they were---things weren't discussed openly in my family. I assume, lo self esteem was a factor. And he didn't feel he made enough money to support the family in the way he would have liked. Typical of many men --so it seems.

The strangest thing--a man that I knew in high school has succeeded in his career--surpassed many and done well for himself and his family. He shares some of my father's issues. A peculiar and adolescent attitude toward sex. Is he really that insecure that he needs to reassure himself that he is accomplished in that department? I could understand why my father may have felt like an underachiever but this guy doesn't have those issues.

All I know is that men like 'Hugh Grant'--the characters he portrays, have a sense of vulnerability ---Tom Hanks--Hugh Jackman and others. I would think that such men are more fully developed. That is certainly the sort I prefer.

It is just so silly after high school to go around focused on sexual prowess.

It seems to be a problem of epidemic proportions, lately.

So I went to the lake and watched the ducks and recalled some more peaceful times. Everyone else can get tangled up in social networking if that is the poison they so choose. I stopped and asked for some directions. Those that responded were rational, kind and real. I can't live any other way.

I deleted so much worthless trash from my life, my mind and my heart today.

Tomorrow will be much better. I can focus on my goals and feel that I can accomplish what I need to do.

Old 06-21-2011, 08:15 AM  

Your writing hit so close to home that I had to read it twice. Thanks!

Old 06-21-2011, 09:28 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Your writing hit so close to home that I had to read it twice. Thanks!
LOL. I just started a blog--lol-- really i have been blogging--running my mouth since blogging wasn't kool.

North Druid Hills-Briarcliff Patch---i'll find that link. 'kudzuqueen'---good to be queen of something. It is rampant all over the ATL and the SE. Despised, can't be killed no matter how hard you try. exotic--possibly brought to the US from Asia. Japan, IIRC. We have a good patch in the neighborhood. So I Rule--I Run this Neighborhood--Just Like Beyonce. lol --Bad to the Bone. lol lol

If your father is 'Mel Gibson'---Braveheart---totally insane---you have to learn to be Strong. I am 'Kate the Great', bowing---thank you very much. Just call me Kate. Miss Hepburn---too formal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.