Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-19-2011, 09:15 PM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways View Post
I only wish I was there to see it myself. It is a beautiful country Boris.
It is no problem Sideways ... next summer the same group will come again ... but we will camp in the wilderness this time in tents ... come with us ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-img_0264.jpg 

https://bgbybike.tripod.com
Old 09-20-2011, 08:44 AM  

Houston, Texas
I'd love to Boris, if my finances ever allow that. You said you where in the BG Army, when? I was in the US Army from 71-91. I'm glad we never had to face each other across a battlefield my friend. No one hates war more than the warriors.

Old 09-20-2011, 09:08 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
I'd love to Boris, if my finances ever allow that. You said you where in the BG Army, when? I was in the US Army from 71-91. I'm glad we never had to face each other across a battlefield my friend. No one hates war more than the warriors.

Well … have in mind, that comparing with the price of the airplane tickets, other expenses can be almost negligible, especially if we camp in the wilderness … on the photo above we are in the restaurant, we paid in the end almost 100 $ USA for all the group of 8 hungry and thirsty bicyclists … including main meals, salads, hard&soft drinks, beer, perfect red wine, deserts …. and I do not remember what more (a big cup of beer is 1.1 $). The bed for a person in the hotel (very clean and comfortable) above the restaurant was 14 USA $ (in room for 2).

Yes … I was in the army 1974 – 1976 – 2 years … in the years in communism it was obligatory for all us … I can not say it was my army, because I hated communism too much … First year I was a driver of a track pulling a heavy gun - howitzer (?), the second - an instructor of the same … I have never believed that there will be a global war in the years of the Iron curtain … I have always believed that one day the communism will die without any help - historically all the communities based on the violence have died …only I have never guessed I will see it …

Sideways … I’d be glad to know your name … here I am with my own name … Borislav …

Old 09-20-2011, 02:28 PM  

Houston, Texas
I was in the US Army for 20 years. In the BG Army I would have been a Serzhant or Starshi Serzhant. My name is Patrick but just call me Pat. Hopefully I will get the chance to see your beautiful country on day. Cheers my friend.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:58 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
This thread makes me very happy

to everyone that keeps it alive!!
Old 09-21-2011, 07:00 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
I was in the US Army for 20 years. In the BG Army I would have been a Serzhant or Starshi Serzhant. My name is Patrick but just call me Pat. Hopefully I will get the chance to see your beautiful country on day. Cheers my friend.
Hi Patrick!

Using Cyrillic, your name will look like Патрик or Пат

Nice to have in our pub a warrior!

After the first my year in the army I got the same rank – and I am still a sergeant, but a sergeant in reserve. So, I will be only 5 days more sergeant in reserve, because on 26th Sept I will complete 55 – the age they remove us here from the reserve … so … in this chains of ideas I guess how fast our life is passing … so here we do have again 4 days of vacancy because of national celebration and I intend to enjoy of the life as much as I can … sooooo .... soon I'll run to my Important one … and we will see …

Cheers guys !!!

Old 09-21-2011, 07:41 AM  

Borislav, Do I need to salute you when you pour us a round of Rakia?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
When are you headed to Bulgaria Havasu?
Old 09-21-2011, 09:44 AM  
The Wizard of Odd

Bulgaria
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Borislav, Do I need to salute you when you pour us a round of Rakia?
Here when we sit around the table and begin to drink, we say “НАЗДРАВЕ” meaning all of us to be in a very nice health for a long time – the same like "cheers" maybe … if there is some special reason for our drinking, it is possible to say several words before begin drinking …

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
When are you headed to Bulgaria Havasu?

I hope as soon as possible … I hope Austin will be with us too ... all the bicyclists on the photo below liked rakia very much … We dried a lot of bottles together for 8 days ...
Virtual pub “With a little help from my friends”-picture-007.jpg 

Old 09-21-2011, 07:18 PM  

НАЗДРАВЕ

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Off Topic
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.