Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-21-2010, 08:25 AM  
Lost in the woods

Phoenix, AZ
There was plenty of support for the troops but I don't believe there was a ton of support fort he actual invasion. There was hardly any ties to the terrorist that were involved in 9/11 in Iraq. There was probably more ties with Saudi Arabian and Iran then Iraq. (Bin Lauden is a Saudi and part of the Royal Family). The 'WMD' angle has been proven to be way over blown if not an outright fabrication. Dafur continues to commit genocide but I don't see any talk about 'liberating' that country. Just about any African nation is worse off then Iraq was before the war.

Old 12-21-2010, 12:26 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti_Monster View Post
There was plenty of support for the troops but I don't believe there was a ton of support fort he actual invasion. There was hardly any ties to the terrorist that were involved in 9/11 in Iraq. There was probably more ties with Saudi Arabian and Iran then Iraq. (Bin Lauden is a Saudi and part of the Royal Family). The 'WMD' angle has been proven to be way over blown if not an outright fabrication. Dafur continues to commit genocide but I don't see any talk about 'liberating' that country. Just about any African nation is worse off then Iraq was before the war.
Well, first, Iraq and Afghanistan both harbor the terrorist group al Qaeda, which, of course, we know now, financed and organized the entire 9/11 operation. The terrorists were mostly born in Saudi Arabia, but trained in al Qaeda camps in Iraq and Afghanistan - so they directly contributed to the attacks on 9/11.

The 'WMD' intelligence was actually given to us by a foreign intel service, so it didn't come from the US. However, it came from an ally, so we trusted it - and it was faulty. Plain and simple - someone messed up, but not the US government - we just took the heat for it.

At the beginning of the war, there were 36 countries alongside the US in the initial invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan. I mean, if that's support for the 'actual invasion', then I'm not sure what is...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 12-22-2010, 11:18 AM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaghetti_Monster View Post
and what does this have to do with the Illegals in Az ?
Old 12-22-2010, 04:21 PM  

Phoenix, Az
I live in north phoenix, do we haven't seen a huge move either way, but I do hope that it helped in some parts.
Old 01-02-2011, 05:56 PM  
wat

They all need to learn English.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:06 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDNightFox View Post
They all need to learn English.
no they dont, they NEED to either get out of our country, or come into this country the Legal way, lol
Old 01-02-2011, 07:07 PM  
Ric

Denver, Colorado
looks like Missouri did something right:
Illegals in Missouri? Not very many at least.. - Colorado4x4.org Forums
Old 01-03-2011, 06:58 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
Languages of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Look under the section "States with official English" Then click this Price is Right Losing Horn
Old 01-03-2011, 09:09 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
I have no idea, I personally have not seen a change for better or worse.

I live north of Phoenix though so that may be apart of it.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:14 PM  

Mesa, AZ
There's definitely been a change... Previously, streets like Gilbert road between Broadway and Southern were covered with illegal day laborers, standing on corners, leaning on fences, milling around on sidewalks. They would crowd through parking lots on corners like Horne and Brown, frightening away patrons while police totally ignored them. Since the legislation, MUCH smaller numbers. They're still there, but only a few.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.