Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-30-2011, 07:23 PM  
Traveler

SO............! How about those immigrants, EH?

Old 01-30-2011, 11:27 PM  
Clown

Casa Grande, Arizona
They're still there but as the old saying goes "out of sight, out of mind" Interesting how there are no articles, newsfeeds, or people coming forward about finding work that was vacated by illegal immigrants fleeing Arizona's "tough" new law.

The same people that were working illegally are still here. They are just not as blatant about being out on the streets. There has been no reduction in unemployment (that i see) due to illegals running away from the state. It's almost been a year now, and what results have we seen? I still get flyers in my door to contact Jose, Juan, or Jesus if I need any yard work done. They're just not knocking on the door and asking me. The only thing this law accomplished was recruiting constituents who have an irrational fear that America was being over ran by violent illegals.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
I think we could go back and forth about this for days! I also respect your opinion, and I'm sure you and I will disagree over other things in this forum - and I look forward to talking to you there! Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 01-31-2011, 10:36 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396 View Post
They're still there but as the old saying goes "out of sight, out of mind" Interesting how there are no articles, newsfeeds, or people coming forward about finding work that was vacated by illegal immigrants fleeing Arizona's "tough" new law.

The same people that were working illegally are still here. They are just not as blatant about being out on the streets. There has been no reduction in unemployment (that i see) due to illegals running away from the state. It's almost been a year now, and what results have we seen? I still get flyers in my door to contact Jose, Juan, or Jesus if I need any yard work done. They're just not knocking on the door and asking me. The only thing this law accomplished was recruiting constituents who have an irrational fear that America was being over ran by violent illegals.
Though I don't live anywheres near the border, I believe you hit it on the head! America hates those illigal border crossers, unless it involves getting cheap labor that benifits them! These people just want what we have, and if you or I were in their shows, peeking through the fence, we'd be swimming too! I know it's a problem, but I just hate the self righteousness.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:39 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
I think we could go back and forth about this for days! I also respect your opinion, and I'm sure you and I will disagree over other things in this forum - and I look forward to talking to you there! Now, back to your regularly scheduled thread...
You're all right Jake! I'd still love love to keep presenting the facts about this, but we just need to open up another thread elsewhere is all!
Old 01-31-2011, 10:42 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandlapper3396 View Post

I think the worse travisty in Arizona is allowing people to die because of budget cuts. This is where the anger needs to be directed! But that's just me.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:18 PM  
Clown

Casa Grande, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
Though I don't live anywheres near the border, I believe you hit it on the head! America hates those illigal border crossers, unless it involves getting cheap labor that benifits them! These people just want what we have, and if you or I were in their shows, peeking through the fence, we'd be swimming too! I know it's a problem, but I just hate the self righteousness.
Don't get me wrong, there are several parts of the new law that I do agree with. The most controversial, allowing officers to ask for citizenship paperwork is one of them to an extent. I just don't think its practical to do in a major metropolitan area because racial profiling would be required to prevent harassing EVERYONE. However if you run into people out in the boonies or somewhere off the beaten path, of course they should be able to ask. My opinion of course. Officers would have to stay with these people until an ICE official came to verify they were illegal. A total waste of manpower and resources.

I don't think anyone feels harassed when a ranger asks for permits or licenses when on STL, a national forest, private property etc. As these lands aren't open for everyone. I don't think its unreasonable to allow officials to do the same when they encounter someone out in the middle of nowhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
I think the worse travisty in Arizona is allowing people to die because of budget cuts. This is where the anger needs to be directed! But that's just me.
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Are you saying that we should rescue illegals trying to get here? If so I strongly disagree. If you're saying that budget cuts have crippled the border patrols ability to protect our borders? Then yes I agree.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:19 PM  
Traveler

No Sandlapper, I was speaking of something else entirely. Deathpanels for $50,000! I don't have the answers on the immigrant issues, just know that like so many other things, it needs to be looked at is all, and that I totally understand why they cross in to our country. I would too, if I were on the other side. They just want what we have.
Old 02-01-2011, 03:13 PM  
Uncle Buck

Flagstaff
Illegal Immigrants

If illegal immigrants are receiving free services from government social services, then we should question the people who are in charge of those services, because they are the ones who verify documents, take a finger print, and use fancy federal databases to match Social Security Numbers and all the other information.

If you think that Illegal Immigrants are ripping off the public school system, you have to consider one thing: In most states within the United States of America, it is against the law to with hold your children from school until they are 16 or in 10th grade (they must either work on a farm that is the main source of income, or contribute nominally to the house hold income), at which time they qualify for the GED tests. If you are home schooling, you have to register with your local school board to ensure your child's education meets or exceeds the requirements for that district.

Personally, I really don't care for or against illegal immigrants. They do not affect my life.

What does affect my life? Ignorant laws that are usurping funds via legal fees and wasted time that could be put back into education.

I do not pay all sorts of taxes to have some "Non-for-profit" organization called ALEC claim they are not lobbyists, but merely an organization with membership for both politicians and corporations to help draft laws, pimping politicians to corporations to let the corporations wine and dine them, stuff their pockets and send them home with some dumb law that benefits them.

http://www.alec.org is where the illegal immigrant law was devised, as well as many of the other "spendy" laws that detract from my taxes going right back to the state.
Old 02-17-2011, 01:23 PM  

SB 1070 has had no affect what so ever... The economy has! It was a political stunt to get out the vote, thats it! It doesn't do anything, it says law enforcement can detain a person to verify immigration status when they make "legal" contact with that person... What is legal contact? The law doesn't define legal contact... What document proves legal status? Green card? Driver's license? Social Security card? All of which can be forged... How does an officer prove that he wasn't racially profileing when he detained the person? The bill was crap! I don't think anyone ever intended for it to be actually enforced... It hasn't it's being, and will continue to be blocked by the courts...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.