Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-27-2010, 12:20 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
There used to be a lot more (Foundry Ale Works, Strip Brew Works), but I believe the only ones left have all been mentioned. Cleveland is not too far away for the Great Lakes Brewery though.

I guess the only other "brewery" would be Rock Bottom Brewery at the Waterfront and the Haufbrauhaus in the Southside.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:04 PM  

Agree, East End is good. a little bit hard to find and I wouldn't want to be in that neighborhood after dark, though.

Old 01-03-2011, 08:34 PM  

pittsburgh, pa
East End is selling growlers in the strip district now. The state's first freestanding growler shop at the Pittsburgh Public Market on Smallman Street.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:31 PM  

who brews duquesne beer? ive seen it around recently and know its brewed in latrobe
Old 02-16-2011, 08:08 AM  

Church does have some good food to go with their beer
Old 02-21-2011, 04:03 PM  

Cininnati, Ohio
Has anyone been to Bocktown Beer and Grill?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:23 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ls1nova View Post
oh yeah, I forgot about full pint brewing in north versailles. Do they serve food there?
Their food is absolutely to die for! Everyone on the menu is good. Pizza is great, try the Youghegheny. My wife and I make it a point to try to get to this Rivertowne one every week or two. Happy Hour specials are good, $1 off drinks and half appetizers.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:42 PM  

+1 for East End Brewing if you're talking about something close to the city, but i'll also recommend North Country Brewing (slippery rock, pa) and Sprague Farm (venango county, pa).
Old 03-07-2011, 11:32 AM  
Here We Go!

Pittsburgh, PA
Beaver Brewing Company. If you find one the watering holes that specialize in craft brew they do a lot of hand in hand work with the small breweries around the area.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:02 PM  

Pittsburgh
Rivertowne has some pretty good bar food. If you're ever there you must try the Scotch Eggs. I pass the Rivertowne Brew Pub everyday. I stop in to fill my growler once in a while, but the beer doesn't seem worth the $13 to fill it. The last time I was in I filled it up with Slhoppy Monster, an imperial IPA, and it was wonderful... but double the price. Oh well.

Honestly, for my money, I love the Full Pint variety case. The Chinookie IPA is the best in the 'burgh. I could sit there and smell it all evening... great aroma. The All In Amber is ok... it goes down easy. And my wife kills the White Lightning. Anythings better than her drinking Blue Moon.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.