Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2011, 08:57 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I'm religious but in a very non-traditional and unorganized way.
I certainly don't follow any particular doctrine or established belief system.

Old 01-15-2011, 09:20 AM  

Pittsburg, Kansas
I believe this Passage. for those who don't, it is your choice in Life. :sorry1:

John 14:6 (New International Version, ?2010)

6 Jesus answered, ?I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Old 01-15-2011, 11:44 AM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonnyT View Post
I believe this Passage. for those who don't, it is your choice in Life. :sorry1:

John 14:6 (New International Version, ?2010)

6 Jesus answered, “I am the Way and the Truth and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
but why? every religion has lines like that, what makes that line so special as compared to every other religion's similar statement? what drew you to the religion over all other religions?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I just want to know how out of all the religions and how ultimately similar they all are what made you choose the one you did?
Old 01-15-2011, 11:54 AM  

Pittsburg, Kansas
I believe that God created the World and Jesus is his Son. All others I believe are False. I attend a Church that matches as close to what I believe God wants for Our lifes to be. Ultimately being with Him. I don't find Budda's Hindu's etc supply that for me!
Old 01-15-2011, 12:44 PM  
Poison Idea

Always seemed like total bs to me, even as a little kid. No idea why, just never bought into it, especially once I started getting older.
Old 01-15-2011, 02:27 PM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
but why? every religion has lines like that, what makes that line so special as compared to every other religion's similar statement? what drew you to the religion over all other religions?

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I just want to know how out of all the religions and how ultimately similar they all are what made you choose the one you did?
I chose to be a "Christian" because I believe that "Jesus" lived and died on the Cross for my sins and that this is the only way we will be saved.

Read it in Jesus' own words:

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6, KJV)

TO THE BELIEVER
Old 01-15-2011, 02:40 PM  

Pittsburg, Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post
I chose to be a "Christian" because I believe that "Jesus" lived and died on the Cross for my sins and that this is the only way we will be saved.

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6, KJV)

TO THE BELIEVER
^^^^^^
Old 01-15-2011, 03:16 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
It's fine with me if that's what you believe.
Just don't try to convince me it's better than what I believe.
Old 01-15-2011, 06:37 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post

TO THE BELIEVER
that doesn't answer anything at all, so if you read the comparable line in hindi, judaism, islamic statements you would buy that as well? what gives you more credence to this over equivalent statements in other religious texts? what got you into your religion over all other religions? that was the question asked in this thread.

I;m sure there is a similar line in the torah for allah, why choose this line over theirs?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:34 PM  

Pittsburg, Kansas
Guess I got it from my childhood, although I was free to choose or not to. I have read most all the other similar religions statements, and I have the opinion that they are not real. Bias, probably , but I believe what the Holy Bible says and have Faith that all of it is True.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.